Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
Display Body Fit Options
Toby
#21 Posted : 08 April 2018 09:11:50

Groups: Registered

...so this leaves me with the option suggested to shave bits off the black insert instead. The display body now fits reasonably well although there are still a few millimeters at the very back of the chassis that is difficult to fit all the way down.
Toby attached the following image(s):
RB7 - 22.jpg
RB7 - 23.jpg
Toby
#22 Posted : 08 April 2018 09:29:27

By faffing around, in addition to the antenna I received broken, I have now damaged both side mirrors and the front sensor. I sent an email to ModelSpace (Sam) three weeks ago and a reminder two days ago but I am not getting a response. After a year's worth of modelling, it is so annoying I cannot get the diplay car completed.
Toby
#23 Posted : 08 April 2018 09:37:24

What do I have to do in order to receice replacement of the damaged disply body accessories?
Tomick
#24 Posted : 08 April 2018 09:48:52

Groups:

Toby wrote:
What do I have to do in order to receice replacement of the damaged disply body accessories?
You would need to speak with Sam. PM your contact details to me and I’ll put it under his nose as your email could have got lost among the many he gets each week, the decision would be his to replace foc or not. You’ll need to let him have a list of each stage that contains the parts that you need rather than indivial parts.
Toby
#25 Posted : 08 April 2018 10:18:44

Tomick, you now have my contact details. Sam should already know that I am after the antenna in Issue #94 that arrived broken. Whether he decides to send the whole issue or not is up to him as I could probably glue the other parts back on. (Qatar has run out of the blue Tamiya paint I need anyway and I am not allowed to ship it by mail)

By the way, in addition to the prior modellers in this communication I have received further emails from more people with exacly the same problem drawing the same conclusions - The yellow lip seem to be a ModelSpace RB7 issue!
Tomick
#26 Posted : 08 April 2018 10:23:33

Groups:

Toby wrote:
Tomick, you now have my contact details. Sam should already know that I am after the antenna in Issue #94 that arrived broken. Whether he decides to send the whole issue or not is up to him as I could probably glue the other parts back on. (Qatar has run out of the blue Tamiya paint I need anyway and I am not allowed to ship it by mail)

By the way, in addition the prior modellers in this communication I have received further emails from more people with exacly the same problem drawing the same conclusions - The yellow lip seem to be a ModelSpace RB7 issue!
If you have received anything damaged it will be replaced foc. What I can tell you is that I had no problem with fitting the display body which was assembled with identical parts to yours. Your details have been passed to Sam along with your comments.

Update - C/S say they have been trying to contact you and to possibly check your spam folder just in case.