Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Rossi accuses Marquez of deliberately crashing into riders Options
Tomick
#1 Posted : 10 April 2018 16:11:25

Groups:

CaptnBirdseye
#2 Posted : 10 April 2018 17:11:14

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Don't get me wrong, i am a massive Rossi fan, what the guy has brought to the sport cannot be under estimated, but....Rossi is a big windup merchant. He is the master at getting into his opponent head and upsetting their rhythm.

Back in 2011, when Rossi took out Casey Stoner on a wet and slippery Jarez race track, he said it was a racing incident. He even went to Stoner's garage to apologise, the same as Marquez did. Admittedly, Stoner's response was far, far better LOL (if you don't know it check this link:)

https://www.motorcyclene...andcaseystonerreaction/

At the end of the day, these guys race to win. It was a drying but wet track. In the earlier Moto 3 practice, Aron Canet took another rider out which looked deliberate, and no sanctions were taken at all, setting a massive precident.
Speaking of precidents, by allowing all riders who left the grid to change tyres to start from row 7, not the pit lane, sets another precident for future races.

Going back to the race, if the marshals had kept to the rules, all riders (apart from Jack Miller, who was the only one brave enough to go out on slicks), Marquez would not have stalled, gone down the race track the wrong way, got a ride through penalty, and start all of this off.

All of that said, it was a cracking race! And a great result for UK's Cal Crutchlow.

The 2018 season will be the best ever ThumpUp
Spal
#3 Posted : 10 April 2018 17:33:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Marquez used to ride like that in Moto 2 so has a bit of historyLOL I think because of the speeds they are doing and closeness to each other they get we are always going to see the odd incident. After all its an exciting sport and we like to see a bit of rivalry on track so i'm looking forward to the rest of the season as its going to be a cracker, come on CalBigGrin