Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

32 Pages «<303132
ARPurchase's build diary of the Akagi Options
mark 2
#621 Posted : 11 March 2016 06:47:17

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Hi Andy BigGrin .
That looks absolutely awesome Love Love Drool Drool .
It is a huge credit to your skills.
Best regards.
Mark
Tomick
#622 Posted : 11 March 2016 11:22:41

Groups:

Andy is currently away on hol in the Philippines BigGrin
arpurchase
#623 Posted : 07 May 2016 00:47:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi All

Sorry for the late reply I was away at the time of your posting but many thanks for your comments and looking in.

The Akagi has its challenges but with thought and some out of the box thinking she will build into a kit to be proud of, although I chose not to be able to access the hangar it would be possible if you do as our Japanese friend Yutaro Honma San by replacing the ply individual deck pieces with a plastic alternative, although I would recommend planking the deck pieces with real wood as it just looks so much better than the provided paper decks. Of course by doing this its your choice but an option to consider. I see her everyday in her case along side the D 51 and everyone who has seen her just says 'WOW you built that' or words to that effect.

Regards

Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Nemesis
#624 Posted : 07 May 2016 09:24:45

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Just caught up on the finished build pictures, she looks fantastic, top build and a credit to your skills!
darbyvet
#625 Posted : 07 May 2016 16:29:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

Superb job Andy!!!

Carl
delboy271155
#626 Posted : 07 May 2016 17:35:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Great finish Andy.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

arpurchase
#627 Posted : 08 May 2016 16:38:19

Thanks for your comments everyone
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

dbartonjr
#628 Posted : 13 April 2018 09:27:43

arpurchase wrote:
BigGrin Now for tha adding of the bow and the construction of the bow formers on the ply deck provided. I used the deck plate as a guide to get the bow in the correct position.
Now i have a question about the instructions on the fitting of the bow deck. If you follow the instructions to get a straight line /edge on the hull planking from former 9 to 12 you are left with frames 10 and 11 that are below the line of the hull planking. My question is this ok or do you follow the line of the formers here, im thinking of when we come to glue this in position there will be a floating deck in this area [ only glued to the hull planking] and the adding of the forward flight deck supports in future.I might add fillets/spacers to this area but any comments on this would be welcome
regards
Andy

I opted for fillers, I hope this works, what was your experience if you did this?

Current Builds: Yamato
On the Bench: Akagi, USS Missouri
arpurchase
#629 Posted : 13 April 2018 09:34:22

BigGrin I used fillers too in the end but also made sure the edges of where the anchor sits were filled in tooCool