Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
Tip’s for better model Photography Options
RM1
#21 Posted : 10 April 2018 09:26:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

This is a really interesting topic. many thanks Rich.
I've been using a white sheet of paper in my recent M19C build diary but am also experimenting with a Blue cutting board which makes the model ( in this case mainly white ) stand out.
I've also tried a matt black sheet which seems to add some realism but needs some strong light such as a camera flash.
Malc.
TRGRichie
#22 Posted : 10 April 2018 12:42:38

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

RM1 wrote:
This is a really interesting topic. many thanks Rich.
I've been using a white sheet of paper in my recent M19C build diary but am also experimenting with a Blue cutting board which makes the model ( in this case mainly white ) stand out.
I've also tried a matt black sheet which seems to add some realism but needs some strong light such as a camera flash.
Malc.

totally agree - experimenting with different coloured backgrounds is a good Idea,
here a simple overhead shot of the Porsche shot onto black.
TRGRichie attached the following image(s):
chas.jpg
AUTO FRUMP STOMPER
Custom Porsche RS Build - http://forum.model-space...aspx?g=posts&t=25728
delboy271155
#23 Posted : 10 April 2018 18:14:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Worthwhile information for people to follow and upgrade their skills for presenting their builds on the forum.

Congratulations on your "Turquoise" medal for a Know-how thread.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

TRGRichie
#24 Posted : 11 April 2018 08:17:14

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

delboy271155 wrote:
Worthwhile information for people to follow and upgrade their skills for presenting their builds on the forum.

Congratulations on your "Turquoise" medal for a Know-how thread.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Thanks Derek.
AUTO FRUMP STOMPER
TRGRichie
#25 Posted : 12 April 2018 13:24:20

Just incase anyones interested -
heres a couple of pic's of my photography studio.

and to reinforce that the purpose of this topic really is to show how achieve good results with non of the equipment or expense shown in these pictures.

Thanks
Rich.
TRGRichie attached the following image(s):
studio1.jpg
studio2.jpg
AUTO FRUMP STOMPER
CaptnBirdseye
#26 Posted : 12 April 2018 14:03:23

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

WOWSER Rich, that's some impressive kit you have there. I understand the point of your thread it to show you don't need a professional photograthy studio to create stunning build photos, but I, for one, would be fascinated to know what your kit comprises.

Something to aspire to Drool

Regards
Gray
ModelMania
#27 Posted : 12 April 2018 14:16:44

Groups:

An interesting thread and some very useful advice, thanks for sharing this Richie, much appreciated. Some nice equipment you have there too! Cool ThumpUp

I used a large sheet of white paper taped to a wall and allowed to rest flat on a table when photographing my DeAgostini 1:8 McLaren MP4/23, with some subdued lighting provided just by an ordinary overhead light supplemented by the daylight coming through a window and the method works very well. You can see it here:

http://forum.model-space...spx?g=posts&t=23802

I find the white paper reflects light back towards the hidden side of the subject and can thus lessen the need to have dedicated lighting around the back of the subject?

Kev Smile
TRGRichie
#28 Posted : 12 April 2018 19:42:54

ModelMania wrote:
An interesting thread and some very useful advice, thanks for sharing this Richie, much appreciated. Some nice equipment you have there too! Cool ThumpUp

I used a large sheet of white paper taped to a wall and allowed to rest flat on a table when photographing my DeAgostini 1:8 McLaren MP4/23, with some subdued lighting provided just by an ordinary overhead light supplemented by the daylight coming through a window and the method works very well. You can see it here:

http://forum.model-space...spx?g=posts&t=23802

I find the white paper reflects light back towards the hidden side of the subject and can thus lessen the need to have dedicated lighting around the back of the subject?

Kev Smile

Kev, great shots of the Mclaren, nicely frames and some interesting angles - which is what I'll be covering in my next instalment. BigGrin

Rich.
AUTO FRUMP STOMPER
ian smith
#29 Posted : 13 April 2018 15:06:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Rich.
some really useful tips in your tutorial. Look forward to the next one.
Ian Cool Cool BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.