Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

The Lingering Hurarcan Options
usersteve83
#1 Posted : 14 May 2018 21:38:35

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

I call her the "Lingering Hurarcan" because that's what it seemed to do over the last 24 months, always wrapped up or kept safe but just seemed to float around here there and everywhere without much happening

I took the Huracan over the 24months with deliveries every other monthMellow

it was a long wait but I did it and some how got caught out unprepared at the end

my god did it seem to drag, my advice for this build would be to get the full kit, collect over 12 months or at least collect plenty of parts before making a start.

This build came with both its ups and downs all explained below

I started the build with Shelf Queen in mind but the further into the build I got the more interested in the Mechanical side of things and running her became a big interest.

Im not a fan of the front window It needs the holes for airflow but they are ugly.
The guide said to drill 1 hole but that looked bad so I done another 2 and im still not happy.
My plan is cutting the window out completely and using black mesh as the screen/airflow

The stripes where added as a last minute idea

A fuel filter has been added
She has been started up
but still needs minor tweeks, finishing and tuning/running in

Lights (Front and tail) will be added soon with the screen

I haven't put the shell on properly here (the back looks twisted) its not thoCrying
Downsides

I was sent 2 steering servos no big deal I just bought a new servo horn that solved it

Because I have decided to run her I needed extras
The battery pack

After run oil
Silicone grease
Thread lock
Air filter oil
A charger for the free glow plug heater (strange you don't get one with it)
Extra glow plugs (they easily fowl up during run in)
The instructions can get a bit confusing with its measurement typosCrying

Good points

Starts and functions as it should
Plenty of scope to upgrade
Great looking model
Nicely detailed engine/exhaust
Very enjoyable build(prefer full kit to fully enjoy)

To summarise
This kit has given me a build over the last 2 years and introduced me into a whole new world of models. The nitro engine rc's
and its not over yet. I have plenty of upgrades including front and tail lights, Mesh windscreen, various aluminium upgrades to suspension ect, Body clips (orange/black), Air filter, fuel line, fuel filter and an air cooler..... the list goes on

Its also inspired me to build my own nitro drift car (diary will appear soon)

so many more hours of building and using it

I would say for what it costs and what ive got back in return from this build makes it super value for money given the length of time its already and is going to hold my attention

Thanks for looking in
Mods and upgrades will be updated soonBigGrin BigGrin
Built- Shelby Mustang, Lamborghini Huracan
Building-Spitfire, Redbull racing RB7, 3d printer, Honda CB750, Stage coach and Revell 1/400 Titanic
Tomick
#2 Posted : 14 May 2018 22:02:47

Groups:

There are other ways to create airflow into the car without having to put holes in the screen, such as it being common place to cut out the driver and passenger windows which gives the appearance of windows down or cut out the aft quarter glass; could also cut holes into bread brake air duct inlets just ahead of the rear wheels on the body sides, or even cut out the front grille and replace with black mesh.

All in all it’s a high quality model of typical Kyosho spec, a lot of fun and 4WD fast as hell! Nice to hear how much you value the experience Cool
usersteve83
#3 Posted : 15 May 2018 10:02:29

Thanks Tomick it is a fantastic kit. I wish i would of done the air flow a different way but hay we live and learn and its nowt that cant be sortedCool
Building-Spitfire, Redbull racing RB7, 3d printer, Honda CB750, Stage coach and Revell 1/400 Titanic
delboy271155
#4 Posted : 15 May 2018 16:48:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Good to see you back building again.BigGrin BigGrin

Congrats on your "Red" medal for your completed Huracan build.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

usersteve83
#5 Posted : 16 May 2018 09:27:11

delboy271155 wrote:
Good to see you back building again.BigGrin BigGrin

Congrats on your "Red" medal for your completed Huracan build.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Cheers Del its great to be back at it, thanks for pointing out the red medal, its good to finally get oneBigGrin