Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
Sponsor decals Options
arpurchase
#21 Posted : 02 April 2018 09:28:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Hi ManDan

The car already has a good shiny finish as supplied so all I did was to add the extra decals but made sure they were well stuck down by using a decal softener and mine still look good after a couple of years. If you clear coat it will mean doing all the body work so it all matches the choice is yours.

AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

ManDan
#22 Posted : 03 April 2018 01:33:30

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

arpurchase wrote:
BigGrin Hi ManDan

The car already has a good shiny finish as supplied so all I did was to add the extra decals but made sure they were well stuck down by using a decal softener and mine still look good after a couple of years. If you clear coat it will mean doing all the body work so it all matches the choice is yours.

AndyCool

Thanks Andy!

This is what I was looking for. I plan to use Solvaset to place the decals. I just wasn't sure if it needed any top coating. Thanks much!
arpurchase
#23 Posted : 03 April 2018 07:33:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin No problem will you be posting some pics of your buildCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

ManDan
#24 Posted : 25 May 2018 08:30:16

arpurchase wrote:
BigGrin No problem will you be posting some pics of your buildCool

Yes! I plan to start building this weekend... very nervous. I don't to mess it up!
arpurchase
#25 Posted : 25 May 2018 09:28:24

BigGrin Take your time and use tooth picks to apply small amounts of glue and you will be fineCool

ManDan
#26 Posted : 26 May 2018 23:08:58

Thanks, I will. Another question, if you don't mind, for the rear wing Marlboro decals, should i apply those before assembly? Is there a downside to doing this?
arpurchase
#27 Posted : 27 May 2018 07:38:11

BigGrin I added the decals just before final assembly and it was less hastle to line the two decals up on the front face of the rear wing that way but its your choice and do what you feel happy with.Cool