Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages 123>»
pfcdre's HMS Victory Options
pfcdre
#1 Posted : 27 May 2018 19:52:47

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Hi everyone, this is my first post, im a real beginner to model ships, i have experience with building wood rc planes so i hope to be able to produce something half decent. Although my recent effort of a mantua golden star failed at the planking stage, i just couldnt get my head around the poor instructions, anyway firstly after a bad experience trying to order a L Hermione from model space i am a little bit nervous of ordering a victory full kit, can anyone tell me if i order this kit that all the packs will be delivered, i dont really want to spend 699 gbp to find they are waiting for packs to come in or worse discontinued. thanks
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 27 May 2018 21:16:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Its probably a good thing that you didnt get L'Hermione as its not a ship build for a novice.

The victory will be the better build with its instructions that are designed for the novice builder, as for stock we cant check that until tuesday to give an answer.

Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

pfcdre
#3 Posted : 27 May 2018 21:28:50

Hi thanks for the answer, well i got the l hermione from amazon and will be here weds, i did check the instructions and they look very good indeed but i wont attempt it if i dont feel confident. There is alot of video and information regards the victory and would like to build it but it feels like i may be too late for the party lol.
arpurchase
#4 Posted : 27 May 2018 21:36:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi there are no plans to stop selling the Victory as its still one of our best sellers and having asked for a check on stock have just been replied that we have full stock.
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

pfcdre
#5 Posted : 27 May 2018 21:52:07

Thats great news thankyou. Can i ask, it says that this victory is a new version and much improved from the previous version, are they referring to the del prado version, i remember that there was del prado hms bounty and victory series, are the two companies related [deagostini, delprado] i tried an internet search but have not found any info.
arpurchase
#6 Posted : 27 May 2018 22:05:09

Hi its nothing to do with the Del-Prado kit/company there victory was a 1/100 scale the DeAg version is a different scale at 1/84 and a completely new kit.

Are you getting the paint set and copper tiles for the Victory as well.

Tomick
#7 Posted : 27 May 2018 22:30:15

Groups:

DelPrado has no connection whatsoever to DeAgostini and in fact DelPrado went bust a number of years ago.

The DeAgostini Victory is unique in terms of its Ships boat content, figure set and the optional Cutaway which also has a figure set, there is no similar kit other than the Artesania Victory which spawned the design of the DeAgostini Victory, again the kit content is not the same and the DeAgostini version having the additional items and excellent instructions that make it possible for the novice to undertake such a complex build.
pfcdre
#8 Posted : 27 May 2018 23:07:57

arpurchase wrote:
Hi its nothing to do with the Del-Prado kit/company there victory was a 1/100 scale the DeAg version is a different scale at 1/84 and a completely new kit.

Are you getting the paint set and copper tiles for the Victory as well.

i would certainly get those yes, not point in hours of building to skimp at the end, although i would be super chuffed if i got that farBigGrin
pfcdre
#9 Posted : 27 May 2018 23:10:54

Tomick wrote:
DelPrado has no connection whatsoever to DeAgostini and in fact DelPrado went bust a number of years ago.

The DeAgostini Victory is unique in terms of its Ships boat content, figure set and the optional Cutaway which also has a figure set, there is no similar kit other than the Artesania Victory which spawned the design of the DeAgostini Victory, again the kit content is not the same and the DeAgostini version having the additional items and excellent instructions that make it possible for the novice to undertake such a complex build.

I see thanks for the info, im looking forward to starting this model but i know when it comes to planking i will probably lose what hair i got left, but i hate to be beaten and am determined to complete a kit!
delboy271155
#10 Posted : 28 May 2018 00:02:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your Victory build.

Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

pfcdre
#11 Posted : 28 May 2018 00:21:51

delboy271155 wrote:
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your Victory build.

Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Thanks Delboy. im looking forward to getting into it, hopefully i can post some pics of the progress.i have my work bench and all the tools i need on standbyBigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
z8000783
#12 Posted : 28 May 2018 06:31:22

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Unapproved

Hi Ya (do you have a name BTW)

As someone not linked to DeA, I can certainly recommend the Victory for a novice build. Although, strictly speaking it isn't, will all the help available and brilliant instructions, it provides a satisfying challenge for a novice, as I am.

I don't think there is a better buy on the market. Good luck.
Gandale
#13 Posted : 28 May 2018 08:05:13

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Welcome to the forum, great to have you with us.... Good luck with your build, there's a wealth of knowledge and experience on this forum for you to tap into should you need it.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
drivergadgets
#14 Posted : 28 May 2018 11:39:37

Hi!

I'm newbie too. Nice to meet everyone here!
pfcdre
#15 Posted : 28 May 2018 11:46:07

Hi driver, im sure we will learn alot from these guys, i been watching build videos and reading build diaries, and thats before the models have turned up, there is a wealth of knowledge and experience hereBigGrin
Spal
#16 Posted : 28 May 2018 17:37:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Welcome both of you to the forum BigGrin look forward to seeing yours builds progress on here.

Al
pfcdre
#17 Posted : 28 May 2018 17:41:46

z8000783 wrote:
Hi Ya (do you have a name BTW)

As someone not linked to DeA, I can certainly recommend the Victory for a novice build. Although, strictly speaking it isn't, will all the help available and brilliant instructions, it provides a satisfying challenge for a novice, as I am.

I don't think there is a butter buy on the market. Good luck.

yes my name is Andre, im from Portsmouth Hampshire, and yes i have been on the Victory many times although my childhood memory of the ship is a lot better than its current state
Martyn Ingram
#18 Posted : 28 May 2018 17:49:30

BigGrin Welcome to the forum Andre I must admit the Victory dose look sad without her top masts Crying I had a trip there a couple of months ago Cool
Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
pfcdre
#19 Posted : 28 May 2018 18:06:27

Martyn Ingram wrote:
BigGrin Welcome to the forum Andre I must admit the Victory dose look sad without her top masts Crying I had a trip there a couple of months ago Cool
Martyn

hi Martyn, to be honest if it were just the masts it wouldnt bother me so much as i have seen them down before for maintenance, what bothers me is all the saftey lit up signs everywhere and the below decks lighting, also they have put random objects in places they would never have been, so its more like a museum than a ship. i remember [ im afraid] late 70s and 80s going aboard and you could really feel the atmosphere now it seems like a well lit office! well maybe not that extreme but hopefully you understand what i mean. health and safetyCursing
Martyn Ingram
#20 Posted : 28 May 2018 18:11:34

Crying Yep you are definitely right there plus there are random people on their who don't interact with the visitors . The Victory museum is worth a visit Cool
Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe