Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

The Largest Model I have ever seen Options
jase
#1 Posted : 06 June 2018 22:56:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

So on Saturday I was at the Harry Potter experience with my two daughters. As we entered the last exhibit of the tour we walked in on the biggest model I have ever seen. the filming model of Hogwarts. its 1:24 scale took 84 people to build it originally and takes 22 days to assemble.

it fills a room that cycles between day and night and the detail is fantastic.

I happen to think it would make a great partwork. too, its Cool Drool Love

jase attached the following image(s):
IMG_3705.jpg
IMG_3706.jpg
IMG_3707.jpg
IMG_3709.jpg
IMG_3710.jpg
IMG_3711.jpg
IMG_3712.jpg
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Tomick
#2 Posted : 07 June 2018 07:26:18

Groups:

Thanks for sharing., it’s an enthralling diorama and I agree that it would make a lovely Partwork, but sadly I don’t think it could be delivered in under 200 issues/3 years and possibly at a cover cost of around £19.99 p/issue. Then we come to what size for comfortable display as the reason why it’s so big is that it’s size show’s it off to its best effect.