Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Ouch! Options
Tomick
#1 Posted : 28 June 2011 12:45:16

Groups:

magpie1832
#2 Posted : 28 June 2011 13:14:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Lol..LOL LOL LOL

Its like watching a how not to make the Akagi, Lets put a lighter to it maybe throw some fuel on it. I like how they use the lighter and then try to bend it, nothing actually happens.. then try gluing it with polyfiller and that pings off.

So glad your doing the build..
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Tomick
#3 Posted : 28 June 2011 13:59:50

Groups:

Have you checked out the other clips from the same guy
magpie1832
#4 Posted : 28 June 2011 14:15:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

They are really funny, am not knocking the build as we all build differently and to different standards but..!! well..Using a Lighter on wood and tonnes of polyfillerBlushing .
I love the fish tank ones too very therapeutic..

On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Tomick
#5 Posted : 28 June 2011 14:20:37

Groups:

We all have our own ways and quirks, and what works for one person may not work or suit another, though I'm not quite ready for setting fire to a model or the workshop just yet LOL
Dontshootme
#6 Posted : 29 June 2011 02:38:17

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Must be very therapeutic though...be an arsonist & then fix the damage with a bit of acupuncture!!!
Rob Nolli Illigitimi Carborundum!!!
Current Builds:HMS Victory,SV Thermopylae
Lonestar Spirit
#7 Posted : 29 June 2011 14:45:47

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

The funny thing is, we live in a modelers society today where there is a tool or gadget for just about every builders fancies, yet go back 60+ years ago, when these tools etc weren't available and look at the work produced in the name of model shipbuilding, even with some of the tools we use today, we could not match their skill levels, and also remember some of the ships built by captured prisoners were built out of bone with no fancy tools or plans, yet today we see them as masterpieces.

In my opinion, it doesn't matter how you build your ship, or how good or bad others think it is, just as long as you enjoy it and achieve self satisfaction, and that should be all that matters!!! we cannot all afford to go out and buy all the top gadgets and tools.
Ship Builds on the go

Yamato - DeAgostini Subscription - Highly Recommend This Model
AKAGI - DeAgostini Subscription - Highly Recommend This Model
RMS Titanic Lifeboat (Kind Gift from DeAgostini Crew)
karl1113
#8 Posted : 29 June 2011 15:17:08

boy doe's that bring back memories,no tools,remember buying my first keil kraft free flight plane,had no tools at all,no glue either.
so I got my mums best sissors,you guessed it,destroyed the model and got a good spanking for ruining the sissors,used paperglue to repair what was left,and discovered my dads razor blade,used that to rescue some bits,and got an other spanking for ruining his last blade,think I was eight at the time,I ended up making a fort out of what was left.
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/