Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Testing after having Robi working Options
Aerod
#1 Posted : 10 August 2018 09:52:30

Red Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

I have got Robi woken up and responding to my commands however I think one of Robi's leg servos has stopped working, Not sure which one so want to run a test Can you tell me if I can remove Robi's 'heart' SD card and replace the 'test' SD card. Does the test procedure still work? If it does and I find and cure the problem what happens when I replace the 'heart' SD card Do we go back to the wake up procedure?
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 10 August 2018 10:29:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Aerod

If a servo goes down its usually the one above where the leg no longer works below it. You may find on investigation its the servo cable that has just come loose from its fitting but this means also not enough slack in the cable was left to allow free movement.

You can swop the SD cards over for tests but on reinserting the heart card he will go through start up again but as you got him going once this wont be a problem for you.

Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Aerod
#3 Posted : 10 August 2018 16:22:26

Red Medal: Red Medal

Thanks Alan.

Ran the test program and found he had a displaced hip - repaired and retested - OK

Replaced 'heart SD card and robi started right away = no wake up necessary. which is a good thing as although I got him working I haven't a clue how!!
arpurchase
#4 Posted : 10 August 2018 16:31:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Glad your sortedCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .