Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Motorcycles - modern, European & ADV? Options
Riko
#1 Posted : 01 November 2018 13:52:03

Groups: Registered

Not asking for a specific model per se, but I would like to see a Multistrada being made in a big scale Cool (since thats what I ride Blushing )

But on a more serious note, after countless of kits of sportsbikes and choppers, I do not see any other 'type' of motorcyle kits being released.

Also they seem to be either American choppers (mainly Harley) or Japanese sportsbikes.
Deagostini offers these two kinds of kits exactly:
- Hayabusa
- GP sportsbike
- Fat Boy
- chopper from Easy Rider

About the Panigale sportsbike, its also offered as a kit by Pocher....
https://www.pocher.com/u...ke-1299-panigale-s.html
Or are we talking about the same kit thats offered thru ModelSpace?

Might there be room for expansion and diversification you think?

I do get the fact you need high enough interest and choppers are always gonna sell.
But sportsbikes are down on sales for years, dunno how this translate in the model kit world though...

It is cool however you guys offer a classic kit: the CB750, the mother of the modern bike.

Anyhow what about the interesting range of other bikes that Ducati (and others) have to offer?
I'm mainly talking about the big adventure bikes, they are the leading type of bikes for recent years.

The GS is the most populair motorcycle sold worldwide.
And the Multistrada has been Ducati's best selling bike since the beginning, in contrast of what you might think.

Adventure bikes are the perfect combination of power & practicality.

I myself would never buy a GS kit, but I bet that wou be a seller for sure. BigGrin

Also, there are many retro bikes that are also becoming more and more a popular category as many manufacturers sell classic looking bikes with new tech.
The Bonnevilles and all its derivatives such as he Scrambler, Thruxton, etc.
Only small die casts available unfortunately:

Ducati also has a big sales hit under its wings with the Scrambler series that has just been expanded with a 1100 model.

And my previous bike was a CB1100EX, also a retro nod to the original CB750.

Special mention for another Ducati, the Diavel, first and second generation.

Surely special enough for people to take interest in builidng something like that? Cool

Or how about the most powerful production bike made (not now due to emissions etc), the Rocket 3 from Triumph:

My preference of course is Ducati's best selling bike, my current bike, the Multistrada, an ADV.

There is already a die cast of the previous gen, but its small and not all that detailed at all:

But I'd buy one of these in a heartbeat:

Do it guys, Tamiya also seemed to have jumped on it by offering kits of the new Africa Twin :)