Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

ECK Options
ECK
#1 Posted : 04 November 2018 22:57:42

Red Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Well, I have done all I can do for now. Finished everything from main mast to the stern but can not finish the format and bow sync eI have been waiting 2 months now for missing parts ( columns, dead eyes and upper deck cannon inserts). The building has been fun and , at least to me, looks pretty good.
ECK attached the following image(s):
IMG_1989.jpg
IMG_1988.jpg
IMG_1986.jpg
Gandale
#2 Posted : 05 November 2018 00:18:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looks good to me too Eck, very nicely done.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
magpie1832
#3 Posted : 05 November 2018 01:09:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nice work ECK, hope you get your parts soon to finish her off. Looks great to this point.

Chris
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Markwarren
#4 Posted : 05 November 2018 08:39:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Looking very good, very nice work.

Mark
CaptnBirdseye
#5 Posted : 05 November 2018 12:29:21

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

ECK wrote:
Well, I have done all I can do for now. Finished everything from main mast to the stern but can not finish the format and bow sync eI have been waiting 2 months now for missing parts ( columns, dead eyes and upper deck cannon inserts). The building has been fun and , at least to me, looks pretty good.

Yep, looks good to me too ThumpUp
Congratulations on a build well done. So what's next?

Regards
Gray
pemberg
#6 Posted : 05 November 2018 14:53:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking great to me, very nice work.

Graeme
ECK
#7 Posted : 05 November 2018 15:11:44

Red Medal: Red Medal

I actually found that building HMS Victory first, given its detailed booklets of instructions, helped give me the skills to do this since the instructions are online and not as explicit in many ways, particularly when. you get to section 12 where a huge amount of work is required compared to other sections. It helps to learn how to adapt on the fly so to speak.
Spal
#8 Posted : 05 November 2018 19:29:02

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looks like a great build you have there ECK Cool hope your remaining parts arrive soon.

Al