Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Bad or Missing Parts Options
rossjr
#1 Posted : 13 May 2014 16:30:21

Groups: Registered

I received my first and second months packs and upon examination found that the glue contained in the first months pack had leaked out and glued the bottle to the packaging. Luckily the spill was contained to only that compartment and did not spill into the adjacent parts.

Here is my questions:

1) How do I get this replaced and how would I report other missing or damaged parts?

2) The shipments come with numbered packages and indicate on the instructions that this shipment contains packs x-y. Some of the packs have numbers on them others don't. Is their a picture or inventory list someplace where I can check these off?

Thank you!
Warthog
#2 Posted : 13 May 2014 20:20:07

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

Hi Rossjr and welcome to modelspace BigGrin

Can you provide us with the particular build it is that you found this problem with? i.e is it one of our ship builds?

Copy this link and it will provide you with the USA customer services email and telephone details and hopefully they can get it sorted for you.

http://forum.model-space...t.aspx?g=posts&t=94

Regards

Spencer
experten
#3 Posted : 13 May 2014 20:47:24

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Official Builds

Hello Rossjr,

First, WELCOME! I'm sorry your first post had to deal with a problem!

Which kit is it for? Also, I have found that the glue contained in any of the kits is usually enough for the first couple of steps, and then you are off to the hardware store anyway. I use a product called "Weldbond" that works great, dries quickly, and is waterbased.

To address future replacement parts, give the 800 number a call, and they will get replacement parts out ASAP. Fortunately, there is VERY little need usually to call. I suspect your ruptured glue bottle was a glitch.

If you do not get squared away, shoot me a PM with your details, and I'll get you taken care of.

To address your second question, the directions always have a photo of the parts included in that step. Use this as a guide to ID your parts. (In the Victory, the various decks can get a bit confusing..)Most of the wooden parts have a laser etched number on them, with the exception of the very small, or detail parts.
Tired, Old, and Cranky!
rossjr
#4 Posted : 15 May 2014 16:34:20

I had sent an e-mail to them a couple of weeks ago and got no response. Yesterday, I got a UPS package with a bottle of glue in it, No letter, no explanation but I got glue.... Thank you!!!

For the record this was for the HMS Victory... Hope to start her in a few weeks after I get a few other things wrapped up...

Looking forward to it!!!
experten
#5 Posted : 17 May 2014 16:22:24

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Official Builds

I'm glad they got you taken care of. You'll find that quality issues are few, and far between.

Look for an update on my Victory tomorrow.

Tired, Old, and Cranky!
Earl McBroom
#6 Posted : 08 November 2018 20:01:11

I received a damaged and missing parts for month 2 pack 7 for the x wing build and have not heard from model space since I emailed them. Wish I could get some feed back from them.
Markwarren
#7 Posted : 08 November 2018 22:44:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Earl McBroom wrote:
I received a damaged and missing parts for month 2 pack 7 for the x wing build and have not heard from model space since I emailed them. Wish I could get some feed back from them.

I have sent you a pm to try and get this resolved for you.