Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

tubab Options
tubab
#1 Posted : 10 November 2018 01:28:24

Groups: Registered

I have just finished my build and have found an unusual fault which may help others. I thought I had lost power to the right hand motor but after swapping cables and finding no problem took a look at the gears. I found that the small drive pinion on the end of the motor had slipped along the shaft and although everthing looked fine it was in fact slipping, pushing it back towards the motor made a temporary fix and confirmed the diagnosis. I will order a replacement motor.
Like many others I also found the left stick instructions confusing, pushing the stick forward elevates the gun and if held the gun also returns down, as it is driven by a cam and the gun does not jump back down I think the motor may be reversing automatically. Pulling the stick back fires the gun with recoil and muzzle flash.
I am also finding that occassionaly a small obstacle will stop the tank and the motors cease to drive, this is corrected by switching the tank off and restarting it, is there some overload protection device incorporated on the control board.
My smoke generator pump is working but no smoke is appearing, does it take time to warm up, and how much fluid do you need to add?
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 10 November 2018 08:16:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi I havent experienced the cuting out you have described but I agree with your conclusion also its best not to try and ever reach its capabilitys to get into this situation.

I have found the smoke generator to be pretty instant in belching out smoke. I filled mine when I fitted it and takes about half a graduation on the bottle side to fill. Once the upper hull is fixed in position use the extension tube provided to put the oil down the tube where the smoke exits. If after filling you still get no smoke the unit is faulty and will need replacing.

The faulty gear unit will also need to be replaced.
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .