Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Jackson to portray the real Dambusters raid in his film. Options
arpurchase
#1 Posted : 29 November 2018 07:41:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

The original film had things missed out becuase they were still official secrets at the time of its making in 1955-

https://www.dailymail.co...nic-Dambusters-raid.html
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Tomick
#2 Posted : 29 November 2018 08:10:00

Groups:

Interesting update but no reveal as to when filming is to re-start or timeframe of movie release.

No doubt the forthcoming Wingnut Wings 1/32 Dambuster kit will also benefit, Jackson owns the company.....
https://forum.model-spac...spx?g=posts&t=29526
Nemesis
#3 Posted : 29 November 2018 11:58:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

From what I have read he needs to get on with it as he only has the rights for the next 2 years.
Tomick
#4 Posted : 29 November 2018 12:02:32

Groups:

An alert aviation buff called Sean in Wellington, New Zealand, spotted some interesting activity back in October near his workplace. Writing on the Wings over New Zealand forum, he reported: “The rumors that five Lancaster’s were / are stored next to where I work have now proven to be true, as over the last few days I have seen three truckloads of Lancaster parts being put back into storage. These included wings, and engines and other big parts. The trucks were uncovered, so they were not trying to hide anything. Have no idea where they came from but I am guessing Masterton, as that was where there were seen last. Not sure if this means they are going back into storage as there is no further need for them (no film), or they may have finished some filming…. hopefully someone here might know. I know Peter Jackson stores a lot of his stuff here as we are always seeing his WW1 tanks and buses etc being moved in or out usually in the weeks up to ANZAC day.”
A few days later, Sean saw another shipment in transit, and took a series of photographs, one of which is shown. The fact that one segment of fuselage displayed the code letters AJ-G is of course confirmation that the models were made for the Dambusters film remake. However, as Sean points out, there has been no clue from the notoriously secretive Wingut Films as to when the remake will go ahead.
Sources do continue to suggest that Peter Jackson remains personally committed to the project as intimated in the latest update, of having now acquired the rights to the declassified info.

Scroll down toward the end of this thread for the pics
http://rnzaf.proboards.c...am-busters-movie?page=2
delboy271155
#5 Posted : 29 November 2018 18:06:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

I`m surprised they didn`t cover things up, not for secrecy but the weather in those pics looks very wet. Confused

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"