Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Earl McBroom Options
Earl McBroom
#1 Posted : 01 December 2018 03:28:25

Groups: Registered

Hello everyone
I just started my build on the x wing and am waiting month 3. I have been reading all the posts concerning the quality of the x wing and after approximately sixty years of model building I must admit this model quality is excellent. I know many modelers are in it for all the detail they can build to the basic model and creative modeling is great.

First off I have noticed many star wars models that have been over weathered and it does take away from the model the biggest thing to learn about weathering is knowing when to stop. The deago x wing at the most would only need a light dusting of powders. The falcon was a flying wreck so have at it.

As an after thought to all the discussions I have read its still a science fiction model so it can be whatever your creative ideas want. The thing is to have fun not stress. What I've received so far the deago x wing is a great model.
Markwarren
#2 Posted : 01 December 2018 10:33:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Welcome Earl, great to hear you have started and welcome to the forum. I agree the parts are of great quality and weathering just right.
I look forward to seeing some pictures soon.BigGrin Cool

Regards
Mark
Gandale
#3 Posted : 01 December 2018 11:25:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Welcome to the forum Earl, great to have you with us.... Enjoy your build, its a great looking kit and am sure you'll find it a lot of fun putting her together....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
arpurchase
#4 Posted : 01 December 2018 11:58:05

BigGrin Welcome to the forum Earl and enjoy your buildCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

pemberg
#5 Posted : 01 December 2018 19:43:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Welcome Earl, I'm sure you will enjoy your build.

Graeme
Spal
#6 Posted : 02 December 2018 00:00:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Welcome to the forum Earl BigGrin glad to have you with us.

Al