Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

karamike Options
Karamike
#1 Posted : 30 November 2018 21:16:59

Groups: Registered

Help. Am i the only one having trouble with the bonnet fit. Now on pack 10 and it not seating correctly. its as though it is catching on the shock absorber plastic cap and not allowing to seat correctly. If i press down it will seat but have to force it. Also the bonnet catch does not seem to do what it supposed to do. I have built most of the pocher models with no problems but this seems to have beaten me. E type spokes no problem to me. At my wits end. I am appealing for help to anyone out there who can maybe throw some light on my problem. Thankyou
magpie1832
#2 Posted : 30 November 2018 22:15:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Karamike,
Please could you post some pictures of the problem area so I can assist you further.

Chris
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Karamike
#3 Posted : 01 December 2018 11:19:09

Thank you for you quick reply. Firstly my apologies...the item is the boot lid. The problem still persists and i have released the dampers which seems to have helped a bit but not totally. The bonnet catch will not locate in its present position but built as per instructions. It sees to be the wrong way round to locate in the plastic pin. A couple of pictures and maybe you can tell me where i am going wrong. The right wing does not seat as well as the left but if slight pressure on the lid it does go into place...but will not locate. Any help appreciated. ps. how do you post pictures in this topic
Karamike
#4 Posted : 01 December 2018 11:30:39

hi, i cannot post any pictures as it keeps saying there has been a serious error
magpie1832
#5 Posted : 01 December 2018 15:30:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi
Without the pics It's hard to help.

Here is a link for how to add the pictures.

https://forum.model-spac....aspx?g=posts&t=244

Chris
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Karamike
#6 Posted : 01 December 2018 17:01:12

This is message i get so really dont know what to do about it. I will have to write direct to model space and see if help available there. They get images as have sent couple of times on faulty part.
"There has been a serious error loading the forum. No further information is available.

Please contact the administrator if this message persists"
magpie1832
#7 Posted : 01 December 2018 20:58:36

Someone is looking into your settings on the forum. But in the meantime, have you tried clearing the cache on your browser and restarting the PC. Also try a different browser as sometimes chrome can cause problems with uploading.
Make sure all pictures are stored on the device you are uploading from and that file names are not too long as this will cause an error.

Chris
On the bench

Karamike
#8 Posted : 02 December 2018 08:04:48

I will try now to post via my android phone and see if files send
Karamike
#9 Posted : 02 December 2018 09:42:12

Thankyou for help but now found why. I cannot post pictures but before you fit the boot lid check it for being true. One side has a bend in it not allowing it to seat correctly. been up hours stripping down. IF i am ever able to posts pictures i will. The bonnet catch works as well very simple. mike
Gandale
#10 Posted : 02 December 2018 09:46:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi Mike,

Have just sent you PM....

Regards

Alan