Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Thread sizes Options
MrObsessive
#1 Posted : 08 December 2018 18:04:40

Groups: Registered

Hi! After a couple years of collecting all the parts, I'm about ready to jump in to build this beast, albeit verrrrry slooooowly! In fact, I've already got the front end about done except for the grille.

One question I have and something that will make building this easier, I'm not crazy about the tiny screwdriver they give you and I see where the holes are not tapped in the body parts for attaching things.

Are the screws they provide metric or SAE? I ask because I'd like to get a threading tap to make it MUCH easier to get the screws in. I have a larger screwdriver to use to give me more leverage-------a must IMO as there are a LOT of screws to get together from beginning to end.

Thanks in advance folks and for those interested, I have 'Fotki' page where I have pics of what I've done so far. lf you check here, it'll take you to the pics.

I post regularly on the MCM message boards and I do have an active thread there for this build. You can check that here.
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 08 December 2018 20:07:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your build. will you be doing a build diary on here. The screws have a metric thread.
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

MrObsessive
#3 Posted : 08 December 2018 21:02:42

Thanks for the info and sure.........I can do that! In fact, I can just copy and paste what I had on the other board and put it here.

Now.............got to go and invest in some metric threading taps! Cool