Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

App troubleshooting Options
gbasource
#1 Posted : 14 December 2018 23:59:33

Groups: Registered

Get the app from the google play store here: https://play.google.com/...tails?id=com.bullb.r2d2

After signing into the link with your google play store associated google account then selecting your phone and clicking install, the download of the app will be pushed to your phone. IOS will be available soon

The online user guide for r2 is here: https://www.model-space..../download/file_id/4270/

I had a few hiccups at first with the app but through careful study i solved them and got the droid working to its full usage. I want everyone whos paid for this to get the most out the app and droid so decided to create this post so others can chip in with there tips, input etc and help everyone to enjoy it. I had two issues at first. 1 was connecting r2 to the app, the other was getting leia to be projected.

Getting the app connected:

I found the direct wifi to be easier and more straightforward than the local wifi connection. When you go to set up direct wifi it will take you to your phones list of available wifi connections. You need to follow the steps mentioned on the online user guide page 5 onwards to get the correct color light flashing on the back of r2s head, then the app will eventually bring up your wifi list on your phone. Find r2d2 in your wifi list, click it then enter 8 zeroes as the password. Save the settings then click connect back on the r2 app. R2 should chirp and the flashing green/yellow light just stay as one colour meaning r2 is ready for action. If you still have troubles, make sure you are pressing the right wifi connection button on the front of r2 and following the steps closely on the online user guide.

Getting Leia to show:

I had trouble getting Leia to show but if you hold the projectors circuit board in one hand, while pressing slightly on the white wire connectors, this should make sure they are plugged in fully and make leia appear from that point on.

Feel free to post any issues you are having with the app and ill do my best to help and so will the moderators.
Michaeljf1980
#2 Posted : 15 December 2018 12:29:00

I don’t get connect back on the app after I’ve chosen R2 in my WiFi list, also on my WiFi list under my R2 connection it says internet connection not working, any help ?
Markwarren
#3 Posted : 15 December 2018 12:39:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

First, what device are you using? Some tablets such as Amazon fire have different operating systems that are only based on Android.
Michaeljf1980
#4 Posted : 15 December 2018 12:42:55

In using an amazon fire tablet 10
Markwarren
#5 Posted : 15 December 2018 12:47:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

The App will not work on an Amazon fire as it is not a true Android system and doesn’t have any of Google’s apps or services.
Michaeljf1980
#6 Posted : 15 December 2018 12:48:26

On then thanks, guess I'll keep waiting for the Apple app then Angry
pretorius
#7 Posted : 17 December 2018 10:07:02

Thanks for starting this thread, I am 10 issues away from finishing R2, so this will be usefull when I finally fihish him.

I was also thinking of getting a Amazon HD 8 tablet just for the app, but as I have read here the app will not work on a amazon device, so would something like a Huawei MediaPad T3 7" Tablet be ok?.

cheers
Tomick
#8 Posted : 17 December 2018 10:45:33

Groups:

pretorius wrote:
I was also thinking of getting a Amazon HD 8 tablet just for the app, but as I have read here the app will not work on a amazon device, so would something like a Huawei MediaPad T3 7" Tablet be ok?.

cheers
It depends if it has Google apps or services, something to check with the vendor.