Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Concerns that need easing and a simple question Options
MorganUK
#1 Posted : 09 January 2019 15:03:03

Groups: Registered

So I ordered back in October, and have had 1-16 delivered.. and nothing since.

I contacted CS the other day to be told that the next batch (I have a 12 month sub) is out of stock.

This is, needless to say INCREDIBLY worrying, to have stock problems this early on, and then I read the forum to see some folks have bene waiting for six months for missing batches.

So my question is this, IS stock still being produced on demand, or Model Space simply chasing round other stockists to grasp at existing stock that just happens to be around the world?

I think this question should be answerable in a public forum for those, like me who are starting to get a hollow feeling in the pit of my stomach

I can buy 1-100 in a batch right now from a third party, but was hoping not to outlay such a huge amount, spreading the cost over a year.. but if Model Space is a gamble, then the subscription should not be listed if it cant be 100% guaranteed to be met.

Tomick
#2 Posted : 09 January 2019 15:21:35

Groups:

If as it seems you are just starting your subscription, then it may well be that some future issues may be out of stock pending stock delivery from the manufacturer.

The Falcon was released in late 2016 and has long since run its 100 issue course which ultimately can leave stock gap's, especially when backorders are placed for numerous copies of the same issue by the same person. But rest assured you will receive all issues.

The full kit option is available;
https://www.model-space....um-falcon-full-kit.html
MorganUK
#3 Posted : 09 January 2019 15:49:22

Thanks for the swift reply.

So to clarify, the pieces ARE still being produced by the manufacturer, we are not just using 'remaining stock'

If there is a finite amount, regardless of the customer service assurances they CAN run out, and not receiving 100% of the issues renders the whole thing pointless.

I see people have ordered the full kit and even they have issues missing.

If every batch gets delayed like this, I may die of old age before I can finish ;-)
Tomick
#4 Posted : 09 January 2019 16:22:41

Groups:

MorganUK wrote:

So to clarify, the pieces ARE still being produced by the manufacturer, we are not just using 'remaining stock'

If there is a finite amount, regardless of the customer service assurances they CAN run out, and not receiving 100% of the issues renders the whole thing pointless.

If every batch gets delayed like this, I may die of old age before I can finish ;-)
If you subscribe/order, you will receive the full content. When the time comes to retire the Falcon, new subscription won't be an available option.
MorganUK
#5 Posted : 09 January 2019 16:23:26

Tomick wrote:
MorganUK wrote:

If you subscribe/order, you will receive the full content. When the time comes to retire the Falcon, new subscription won't be an available option.

Thank you