Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

New build, couple questions Options
millenniummax123
#1 Posted : 10 January 2019 08:37:02

Groups: Registered

Hello,

Looks like I am a few years late to the party. I wish I had started with all of you, but I just found out about this model recently. Anyways, I just purchased the 12 month plan, and can't wait to get started. What tools should I purchase and what materials do I need to get started? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also, do the Star Wars characters come with the falcon, or do you need to purchase them separately. Thanks,
Markwarren
#2 Posted : 10 January 2019 08:59:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Hi

Firstly welcome to the forum, you’ll get plenty of help and suggestions here.
You are going to have a lot of fun with the Falcon kit, it is a superb build. The tools you need are basically super glue, tweezers, modelling knife and a couple of decent screw drivers, although you do get one with the kit. As for characters, these are not included but you can buy third party parts from such places as Shapeways, although these can get expensive.
There are also plenty of members build logs here to give you ideas, along with my custom build too. This is such a versatile kit, you can just build it straight from the pack or add your own interpretation to it.
Whatever you do though, I look forward to seeing your progress.

Regards
Mark