Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
D-Day June 6th 1944 - "The Longest Day" (Kev's 1:9 U.S. 101st Airborne Figure Build) Options
Kev the Modeller
#21 Posted : 06 January 2019 20:04:45

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Thanks for looking in and your nice comments Graham, Mick, Andy and Al, always greatly appreciated. Cool ThumpUp

Kev Smile
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Nemesis
#22 Posted : 06 January 2019 22:33:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Figure looks like it has some serious detail and good choice on the paint set!Cool
Kev the Modeller
#23 Posted : 07 January 2019 12:51:57

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Nemesis wrote:
Figure looks like it has some serious detail and good choice on the paint set!Cool

Thanks Daran, yeah, it's got some very nice detail and is quite a size in 1:9 scale! ThumpUp

Kev Smile

Per Ardua Ad Astra
tf64
#24 Posted : 10 January 2019 21:59:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Kev,

Looking forward to seeing what you do with this one Kev I am sure every detail will be picked up and painted the exact colour and will make an excellent entry.

Regards

Trev.
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

Tomick
#25 Posted : 11 January 2019 08:46:37

Groups:

Looks a very detailed kit, look forward to watching it come together and good luck in the D-Day 75 competition Cool
Gandale
#26 Posted : 11 January 2019 11:31:52

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Very detailed kit and am sure it'll be a fab display piece when done... Good luck with the comp Kev.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Markwarren
#27 Posted : 11 January 2019 20:22:47

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Lovely figure Kev, nicely detailed. Will be following with interest.

Mark
Kev the Modeller
#28 Posted : 11 January 2019 21:29:23

Thanks Trev, Tom, Alan and Mark, your comments are very much appreciated. I'll be starting this soon, just been very busy at work this week and trying to get a bit more done to my Tornado build at the moment, but it won't be too much longer before the chap from the 101st Airborne puts in an appearance!

Thanks for your interest in my diary guys. Cool ThumpUp

Kev Smile
Per Ardua Ad Astra
ian smith
#29 Posted : 16 January 2019 14:52:19

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Kev.
Great looking kit. look forward to seeing your progress. The life colour face paint kit I would also recommend (what I use).Ian Cool BigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
Kev the Modeller
#30 Posted : 21 January 2019 11:10:56

Hi Ian, thanks for looking in and your comment, always greatly appreciated. ThumpUp

I was looking at the Lifecolor Face paints as an option for the flesh colours but undecided as yet. I may just use my Winsor & Newton 'Alkyd' artist's oils with a matting agent. They dry in a day and are easier to blend the different tones than acrylics or I may use a combination of both?

Kev Smile
Per Ardua Ad Astra