Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

question on loose parts on build Options
millenniummax123
#1 Posted : 22 January 2019 22:30:28

Groups: Registered

So I need some advice. I have some loose parts. Just wondering how to attach the following. In issue 1, the cannon barrels on the top and lower sections of issue 1 don't stay in and just fall off. Also I put the sticker on a tiny bit off, and the floor of the cockpit won't snap in on the right side. Also on issue 3 the pilot steering is loose, and issue 5, 2 of the side panels of the cockpit keep coming out. Are these all suppose to be glued?

Thanks,
Markwarren
#2 Posted : 23 January 2019 09:05:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Yes, all those parts should be glued in. With regards to the sticker on the rear cockpit bulkhead, try carefully taking the sticker off and reapplying it, or you could remove that bottom part of the sticker that goes under the floor as it will not be seen.

Regards
Mark
millenniummax123
#3 Posted : 27 January 2019 09:28:52

Markwarren wrote:
Yes, all those parts should be glued in. With regards to the sticker on the rear cockpit bulkhead, try carefully taking the sticker off and reapplying it, or you could remove that bottom part of the sticker that goes under the floor as it will not be seen.

Regards
Mark

Hello,

Ok thanks. With the outer shell of the falcon, the pieces keep falling off after I snap them into place. Are we suppose to be gluing these or screwing these in? Or am I just not doing this correctly?

Thanks,
Markwarren
#4 Posted : 27 January 2019 11:03:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

The hull pieces screw to the frame with the screws provided. You must however, follow the instructions in the magazine as the frame is made first before fitting the panels. The panels go on in an order, so the overlap other parts.

Mark
millenniummax123
#5 Posted : 27 January 2019 11:54:39

Markwarren wrote:
The hull pieces screw to the frame with the screws provided. You must however, follow the instructions in the magazine as the frame is made first before fitting the panels. The panels go on in an order, so the overlap other parts.

Mark

ok thanks. do they give you a bag of screws at the end of are you suppose to be collecting them as you go?
tschwand
#6 Posted : 27 January 2019 13:55:24

I believe you are already getting the screws to attach the hull plates. They should be the silver flanged screws. Just hold on until you are ready to attach the plates. Also be warned, if you do wait until you are told to start attaching the plates, that will take several hours and your screwdriver hand will be worn out.
millenniummax123
#7 Posted : 28 January 2019 01:01:57

tschwand wrote:
I believe you are already getting the screws to attach the hull plates. They should be the silver flanged screws. Just hold on until you are ready to attach the plates. Also be warned, if you do wait until you are told to start attaching the plates, that will take several hours and your screwdriver hand will be worn out.

Ok thanks. Am I suppose to be screwing the hull to the frame as I go, or doing it all at the end?

Thanks,
tschwand
#8 Posted : 28 January 2019 05:17:27

Officially wait until they say, but I did it as I went and it worked fine. Just make sure you put the panels on in the correct order. Look to the build diaries to be sure as some panels overlap others.
millenniummax123
#9 Posted : 28 January 2019 15:27:23

tschwand wrote:
Officially wait until they say, but I did it as I went and it worked fine. Just make sure you put the panels on in the correct order. Look to the build diaries to be sure as some panels overlap others.

Ok. Do I put them in order of how they appear in the magazines, or is there a different order?

Thanks,
Markwarren
#10 Posted : 28 January 2019 17:48:35

Tha magazine has a complete section, when you get to that part of the build, that shows you in what order they go. The lower hull is the first to have the panels fitted before moveing onto the upper section of the build.

Mark