Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Lotus and Williams partnership Options
Spal
#1 Posted : 28 January 2019 21:32:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Lotus and Williams are teaming up to develop a new hypercar.

https://www.msn.com/en-g...BBSQhmA?ocid=spartanntp

Al
roymattblack
#2 Posted : 28 January 2019 21:59:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Sadly, I can't see it.

Lotus are a great company with racing history.
Some of the best small sports cars have been Lotus.

However, they have never been what you might call 'high-end' in the production car market. Even the very best of the Esprit line couldn't compete with the upper end of the market in terms of quality or the all-important 'cachet'.
How many super wealthy people have you read about driving a Lotus?

To suddenly try to leap from a lower-mid range sports car market to mega-money hypercar status is just a jump too far.

Anyway - my two-ha'porth, and I wish them luck.

BTW - I have owned 5 different Lotus over the years - one being Colin Chapman's own Elan S3, so I'm not knocking them without 'having a clue.'

Roy.
S4Simon
#3 Posted : 29 January 2019 07:03:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

IMO - best bang for your buck with regards to junior Supercars. My Esprit, built in ‘94, was built to beat the Ferrari of its time, the 348. Faster acceleration, faster lap times. All the boxes ticked. But Lotus built these hand made cars at a budget price. I pulled the drivers seat out one day and found that the factory had used a punched 10 pence piece as a washer. That there is worker dedication. :-)

Good luck to them.
BUILDING: Taking a break / Waiting for the next epic build to be released

COMPLETED: Hachette Spitfire, Hachette Bismarck, Deagostini Millennium Falcon, Deagostini R2-D2
Tomick
#4 Posted : 29 January 2019 08:44:55

Groups:

I notice that TVR are back on the scene with an all new TVR Griffith engineered by Gordon Murray Design, powered by a 5.0 litre Cosworth V8....
https://www.tvr.co.uk
roymattblack
#5 Posted : 29 January 2019 08:56:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

I wonder if the new TVR will stick to the old one's manta:

0-fallen apart in under 4 seconds...LOL LOL LOL