Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Roger Thornhill Millennium Falcon build Options
RogerThornhill
#1 Posted : 30 August 2018 01:50:50

Groups: Registered

I have had the Falcon kit for a while and have had some changes in my life that made me think that I should start it. As a huge Star Wars fan I am excited to start this build.

Keep in mind that I am a beginner so any kind of help is appreciated.

So I did issues 1-4 and instructions are pretty good and started the frame. The screws are small and my hands and fingers are, too big.

Here are some pictures and they are in no particular order.

RogerThornhill
#2 Posted : 30 August 2018 01:54:17

Sorry no pictures - doing this from my iPad and it’s not being agreeable
Markwarren
#3 Posted : 30 August 2018 07:06:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Hi Roger
It would be great to see some pictures. The iPad has a different format of jpeg pictures. I upload mine from the pc at a size of 650 x 480 after resizing them. You could try the iPad after going to your settings, choosing camera and selection “most comparable” that should then put the pictures you take into standard Jpeg pictures.
Look forward to seeing some pics soon.

Mark
Lundin
#4 Posted : 30 August 2018 22:39:32

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi.

I use Imgur for my images. Never had a problem with that.

Get an account, create albums, upload images, and copy paste image-link to the specific image you want to post into the post you want.
And preview post before to see that images work.

arpurchase
#5 Posted : 31 August 2018 07:19:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nice to see another Falcon started and enjoy your buildCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

RogerThornhill
#6 Posted : 19 February 2019 23:58:43

Another try and adding some pictures

Got thru most of issue 7 - I have lost the controls for the front panel, I used some Reynolds wrap but it looks like crap so I will work on that. Other wise things seem to be going well.
RogerThornhill attached the following image(s):
thumbnail_IMG_2109[1].jpg
Markwarren
#7 Posted : 20 February 2019 00:03:35

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Nice work Roger, nice to see you’ve got some pictures up. Looking good.Cool ThumpUp

Mark
RogerThornhill
#8 Posted : 20 February 2019 00:10:58

I have worked on the turrent window and took it out and repositioned it correctly. I have a slight gap now, and I think I will need to fill it. Also I have fitted the cockpit tunnel and along the seam there is a slight gap that will also need to be filled. What do you guys use to fill in those gaps. I could not get a good picture of the gaps but here are a couple more pics.
RogerThornhill
#9 Posted : 20 February 2019 00:12:50

I will get this eventually! Confused
thumbnail_IMG_2110[1].jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2109[1].jpg
RogerThornhill
#10 Posted : 20 February 2019 00:14:18

and one more
thumbnail_IMG_2112[1].jpg
Markwarren
#11 Posted : 20 February 2019 08:59:44

Hi Roger.

I use a tube of Vallejo plastic putty for filling seams and gaps. It dries very quickly and is easily sanded down.

As for the cockpit, I’m assuming you mean the part the nose cone fits on. I didn’t glue this, it should fit flush, but I placed aluminium tape on the inside to stop any light bleed.

Cheers
Mark
Gandale
#12 Posted : 20 February 2019 12:44:11

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Nice to see you up and running with this one Roger and looking good so far....Cool Cool .. Look forward to seeing more of your progress....

Regards

Alan