Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

A secret location - somewhere in North Africa WW2 Options
delboy271155
#1 Posted : 10 November 2016 20:00:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All,BigGrin

An idea in the making:

Purchased the kit below some months ago, with the idea of just building it out the box.

Then found a derelict desert house, more figures, a dio base (specifically for the house mentioned), a well and an SAS jeep.

Have just found a set of figures with "Monty" walking, so have the idea this could be a test for "Monty`s Double" as I already have a seated Monty.

Just one pic for now, but more on the collection to come.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
20161110_184217.jpg
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Nemesis
#2 Posted : 10 November 2016 20:15:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Now this should be interesting!Drool BigGrin
birdaj2
#3 Posted : 10 November 2016 20:36:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Del

Sounds a good one and that airfix kit i really do like.

Are you figures that masterbix set thatvhas some of the ww2 figures in walking pose?

Hope it all comes together well.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
jase
#4 Posted : 10 November 2016 21:26:48

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

If you have not purchased the figures i have them and monty is voing spare if younwant it
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
delboy271155
#5 Posted : 11 November 2016 07:40:10

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Nemesis wrote:
Now this should be interesting!Drool BigGrin

Hi Nem, BigGrin

Thanks for looking in.Cool

It sure is gonna be interesting. This will be my first ever real venture into a serious amount of weathering.

All the component parts are a mix of 1:32 and 1:35 so should not be an issue with matching the scale of things, but I may be claiming a smidge of poetic licence with the set up of the story line about "Monty`s Double".

LOL LOL LOL

Got a couple of things to deal with before I get fully into this and still finalising how the full dio will be set out.

More soon.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

delboy271155
#6 Posted : 11 November 2016 08:09:59

birdaj2 wrote:
Del

Sounds a good one and that airfix kit i really do like.

Are you figures that masterbix set thatvhas some of the ww2 figures in walking pose?

Hope it all comes together well.

Hi Tony, BigGrin

Thanks for looking in. Cool

The main kit of Monty`s car really caught my eye too and the idea then spread to how best to display it, hence the dio.Blink

The figures I was looking at are from a company I`d not seen before called "Riich". These are ordered awiting delivery.

With a base sand, dressing sand and desert plants for detail, I`m hoping it will all be set on as realistic a base as I can produce with my limited dio experience.Crying

More component picks coming up soon. BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

delboy271155
#7 Posted : 11 November 2016 08:15:49

jase wrote:
If you have not purchased the figures i have them and monty is voing spare if younwant it

Hi Jase, BigGrin

Many thanks for your generous offer, unfortunately I`d ordered the figures yesterday and I`m awaiting delivery.Crying

Just goes to show how helpful people can be on our forum. Cool

Will update soon on what`s to come.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

delboy271155
#8 Posted : 11 November 2016 18:14:10

Hi All,BigGrin

While I had the camera up and running on other things this afternoon, I took some pics of some of the other components, that will hopefully come together for this dio.

Below:

The derelict house
Two sets of figures
The SAS Jeep
Some cammo net
and Sand. (On the right is the base sand, on the left some top dressing detail sand)

The base and well will be shown when I`ve worked out the basic layout.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG

birdaj2
#9 Posted : 11 November 2016 19:12:37

Some great looking bits and pieces you have there. Really looking forward ti seeing this come together.

Spent many an happy hour in my young days with airfix buildings and its great to see the are still going.

Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Plymouth57
#10 Posted : 11 November 2016 19:18:10

A lovely collection of kits there Derek! In fact you've almost got the cast of two war films there - those Allied Figures are a spitting image of the cast of the John Belushi film "Sahara" (a re-make of a 'Bogey' original) where the crew of a US Grant tank (or is it a Lee?) together with a rag tag group of Aussis, Brits, Free French and African defend an oasis from the Africa Corps.Cool (A good film too!)
Of course, if you want to push the "I was Monty's Double" even further, you could have a camera crew actually filming the set!BigGrin
Best of luck with this one!

Robin.
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
delboy271155
#11 Posted : 11 November 2016 20:31:17

Thanks for the replies.BigGrin

Robin, That`s a cracking idea that I`ll look into when I`m checking on the space available, whilst doing a basic set-up test.

These are readily available:

WW2 correspondant figures

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

ModelMania
#12 Posted : 12 November 2016 09:53:38

Groups:

This has the makings of a very nice diorama and should be fun to watch. Well done Derek, a nice choice of subject and some nice pieces of kit in your collection. Cool ThumpUp

Kev Smile
mogwai
#13 Posted : 12 November 2016 12:41:39

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi looks a very interesting dio in the making, hope the build goes well cheers mick. BigGrin
Builds hms victory, suzuki gsx 1300 R hayabusa, honda C B 750, lamborghini countach L P 500 S, tamiya 1/16 rc full option tiger 1 tank,
built, Mclaren M P 4 - 23. Occre london tram,
Stash.airfix 1/24 mosquito. Diag Virginia schooner, tamiya 1/6 honda 750, tamiya 1/35 famo, tamiya 1/35 flak 88.
tf64
#14 Posted : 12 November 2016 19:16:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking forward to this one Derek,as Robin said there is a real opportunity for a film crew here !!

Regards

Trev.
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

Spal
#15 Posted : 12 November 2016 22:53:47

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

This looks to be an interesting dio on the way, looking forward to seeing it Derek.

Al
delboy271155
#16 Posted : 06 April 2019 16:55:58

Well I wonder how many remember this one. Flapper Flapper Flapper

This one was left as an idea of a dio some years ago, but never say never.

Since retiring in November last year and more recently finding more time for work on my stash, I`m now picking up what ever I feel like doing at the time and thoroughly enjoying it. BigGrin

So the attached pics show the base with sand fixed where initially needed. I didn`t sand the inside area of the derelict building as I wanted to get a good fix of the building to the dio base.

Then with quite a bit of work over the last few days I`ve got the building near finished with a bit of blending into the dio scenery to do.

Lastly, if you were wondering what the hole in the dio base was for then the last pic explains. It`s for a well. The wooden beams are still to be painted on top of the walls and then a gantry to support the winch/rope still to be added.

That`s all here for now, will see you where I pop up next.Blink

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
8.JPG
9.jpg
10.jpg

Kev the Modeller
#17 Posted : 06 April 2019 20:06:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Nice to see this back on the bench Derek and looking good. Cool ThumpUp

Kev Smile
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Gandale
#18 Posted : 06 April 2019 23:02:35

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Count me as one of your followers Derek, will be great to see this one progressing.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
ian smith
#19 Posted : 16 April 2019 12:53:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Cool Great start Derek looking very goodBigGrin
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
delboy271155
#20 Posted : 16 April 2019 17:17:46

Thanks guys for your comments. Cool Cool

I`ll be back to this one soon, but have a commission of the "Antonov" to finish for a friend first.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)