Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

benni Options
benni
#1 Posted : 30 May 2019 18:01:55

Groups: Registered

We've had a strange situation develop here in South Africa, where Jacklin Enterprises, the local agents for D'Augostini have run out of some issues. To make up the requisite number sent, out of sequence issues are being sent in the interim. So I havent been able to progress very far, but it has let me pay attention to some detailing.Angry

I was able to mount the engine and frame to the bulkhead then made some more looms and tied these down to the frames where appropriate. I also made up some decals like the warning on top of the heaterbox, the Lucas logo for the battery and the "Screen Jet" label for the waterbottle.

I used the kit battery, but made my own connecting leads from some tubing stripped of its wire to make it more pliable, and then painted black and red.

I drilled through the bulkhead near all the brake fluid etc. containers so that the loom for the rev counter could pass through into the interior and be under the dash when that eventually comes along.

I can't get any further, as I have one part of the floor and one set for the wheel with pinns etc, but need the previous issue before I can do anything!

But I'm bumbling along and having fun.

Note on the cross member at the top, there is not only a " Made in England" plaque, but also one stating "Made in Cape Town"Blushing
File Attachment(s):
IMG_20190504_181708s.jpg (366kb) downloaded 39 time(s).
benni attached the following image(s):
IMG_20190529_154749s.jpg
IMG_20190504_181903s.jpg
IMG_20190529_155138s.jpg
Built: HMS Victory
birdaj2
#2 Posted : 30 May 2019 18:55:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Benni

Sorry to hear you are having supply issues.

What you have achieved so far looksreally good.

I am building mine as per the instructions as unsure being a non driver just what is under the bonnet to start upgrading.

The only thing i sm considering is a re-paint. Had a faulty porsche body replaced recently and they did not want the faulty one back so may expeiment on that before tackling my Jag model.

Hope it all continues well for you.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach