Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Stage 72 Aerial Problem Options
birdaj2
#1 Posted : 02 June 2019 16:17:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Just wondering if the issue i have is a one off or have other builders had the same problem?

Basically in stage 72 you press a chrome aerial top into a black "rubber" base.

This is then fitted to the hole in the side panel and secured with a screw.

Now my problem is i have 2 aerial tops - 1 in the correct chrome finish and 1 in black pastic making this part of the assemble impossible.

Asking because if this is a common problem requesting a repkacement pack will be pointless.

Sorry for the large picture size but not on my pc to be able to re-size at the moment.

Thanks for any advice

Tony
File Attachment(s):
IMG_1812.JPG (511kb) downloaded 51 time(s).
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
roymattblack
#2 Posted : 02 June 2019 17:33:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

The black part is meant to go inside the silver part but if you do, the whole thing sits very high and peculiar from the body.
I literally cut the black part down so that it was little more than a washer, then assembled it all.
Much neater...
roymattblack attached the following image(s):
P1015843.JPG
P1015844.JPG
birdaj2
#3 Posted : 02 June 2019 17:54:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

roymattblack wrote:
The black part is meant to go inside the silver part but if you do, the whole thing sits very high and peculiar from the body.
I literally cut the black part down so that it was little more than a washer, then assembled it all.
Much neater...

Roy

Thanks for showing your great update.

My problem is i have 2 antenna rather than an sntenna and antenna base so there is no hole in the base into which the peg on the silver sntenna fits.

I ewas wondering if it was a common issue because if it is there is hardly much point asking for a replacement as they send out a whole pack.

The official build looks ok and so does yours and scanning through some of the other posts i cannot see snyone else raising the issue.

Its little thing like this that niggle. I cannot think of any easy way to replace the part from scratch or i would try that.

Thanks again though for your update

Tony
Happy Modelling

SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
experten
#4 Posted : 03 June 2019 15:50:38

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Official Builds

It sounds like you have a bit of a “mis-bag.” Give CS a ring, and they will get you the right parts.
Tired, Old, and Cranky!
birdaj2
#5 Posted : 03 June 2019 18:04:56

experten wrote:
It sounds like you have a bit of a “mis-bag.” Give CS a ring, and they will get you the right parts.

Many thanks.

Does appear to be a one off (lucky me) as no one else has said they have had the same problem.

I dropped an email to cs earlier so fingers crossed. Seems a shame to have to request a whole replacement pack just for a small piece of plastic but that apoarently is how they do spares repkacements.

Thanks for your help - much appreciated

Tony
Happy Modelling

birdaj2
#6 Posted : 07 June 2019 13:01:21

Just wanted to say a big thank you to customer services for sorting my problem out.

I emailed them monday this week, they replied tuesday and a new pack 72 arrived in the post today and happy to say the aerial base is the correct part this time.

I do feel terrible having taken receipt of the complete pack 72 when its just this one small pladtic part i had the problem with however.

Will follow your advice Roy and cut the part down as you did so it looks better when fitted.

Tony
Happy Modelling