Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

TRYING to purchase Millenium Falcon...!!! Options
oldcopierguy
#1 Posted : 14 June 2019 19:27:09

Groups: Registered

What the hell, got nothing to lose by posting my frustrations here. Just registered few minutes ago to try another avenue for answers. I have been trying for over a MONTH to order the big Falcon on a 12 month subscription, and each and every time it gets lost or SOMETHING...! I have ordered approx. 12 times, with at least 6-7 of those orders replying with confirmation and an order #...YET, when I call ModelSpace...they have NO RECORD at all of the transaction...! Many times they will receive the money from PayPal yet they cannot find a record of my transaction...???!! PayPal says my account is working fine. They HAVE my money. Yet they refuse to generate an order...WTF is going on. I have tried FireFox, Google, Edge, IE browsers as they suggested...nothing...no order. I have emailed them dozens of times to just make up an order but all I get is an email saying they will refund the PayPal and that I should try again...THIS IS NUTS...anyone experience this sort of crap...? Trouble is, I REALLY want to build this kit and I have the money...do they NOT want to sell any more kits...? At wit's end as to what the hell I should do

Sorry for ranting, but I have NEVER had this sort of thing happen in 10 years of ordering on the net...China, Japan, Germany, Brazil, you name it...NO ISSUES AT ALL...!!!
birdaj2
#2 Posted : 14 June 2019 19:43:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I placed an order recently for a different kit and selected paypal as the payment method.

The site takes you to paypal and i had to login and confirm the sale.

On doing that i was returned to the deagostini web site and received confirmation of my order along with the all important order number.

At the same time received an email confirmation of my order.

So i guess the first question would be did you get an order number after completing your paypal payment details? If you did then deagostini should be able to track that - if not then there is something not working.

Have you tried placing your order direct with a person at deagostini?

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
oldcopierguy
#3 Posted : 17 June 2019 17:49:09

Hey Tony, I have placed almost a dozen orders each time receiving an order number...BUT...when I phone to confirm, they say they have no orders in the "system"...!!! I phoned to talk about this and they suggested using a credit card to order but I do not use one...since being scammed TWICE before I prefer to use PayPal...NEVER had an issue with them. They keep saying they will pass this along to the manager...still waiting. Last order was placed 4 days ago WITH an order confirmation...still nothing. My PayPal account shows a hit from ModelSpace, so they HAVE the money, but for some reason they cannot put 2 and 2 together to make up a simple order...INCREDIBLY frustrating since I really want to build this kit as I previously said.

I am at a loss as to what options are left for me.

Laurie
birdaj2
#4 Posted : 17 June 2019 18:31:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Laurie

Really sorry its not working andi am out of ideas.

I know we no longer have forum support officials on here but just wondering if those in that previous area would have any ideas.

Being Canada based i would not know if your subscription would be managed via the USA site or the overseas shipping part of deagostini that i have seen mentioned on here on similar queries.

I hope someone with more experience maybe able to give you a pointer in the right direction.

Just looked on my email confirmation to HMS Surprise and in case of queries i get a link as below but no telephone number to contact.

https://www.model-space.com/gb/contacts/

Really sorry its causing you so many issues and feel your frustration. Hopefully someone can offer some additional advice.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
#5 Posted : 17 June 2019 19:43:58

Groups: Forum Support USA, Moderator

Hi Laurie,

Please check your private messages. I am pretty sure I can be of assistance.