Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Similar Models to MP4/4 Options
gigi88
#1 Posted : 19 June 2019 15:41:13

Red Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hello everybody

I has been some while since I visited this forum.Like many of you, I finished my Mp4/4 quite some time ago and I was thinking in buildings something similar.

This is why my questions: Are they any similar F1 Models / building kits comparable with the details level of DeAgostini / Kyosho on the market newly? Or something in planing for the future?
Does anyone know anything?
I doubt that this was the "one and only" for F1 fans.

We must be honest, that I barely seen such an F1 Kit with this detail level as the MP4/4 was. No?

Write me back if you know or read or heard anything.
I appreciate it in advance.BigGrin

Sincerely
Stefan
darbyvet
#2 Posted : 19 June 2019 16:40:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

What scale are you looking to build in? If you are looking at 1/8 like the MP 4/4 there are very few kits available except some rare out of production plastic kits.

If you are OK with smaller scales Tamiya makes some really nice 1/12 F1 cars.They are not as detailed as the Deagostini, but very nice.

There is also a company in Japan called Model Factory Hiro (MFH). They make amazing 1/12, 1/20 and 1/24 cars-many of them F1 cars. These kits are very detailed with hundreds of metal parts and can be quite challenging to build and they are EXPENSIVE to buy (the 1/12 cars are about $800).

Dont forget Deagostini has a 1/8 MP 4/23 kit which is very nice.I built the MP 4/4 and the MP 4/23 and I think the 4/23 was a more enjoyable build.

Carl