Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
no pack 8 onwards Options
eebygum
#21 Posted : 01 July 2019 09:27:25

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

I am not doing this build but I have to say that this is totally unacceptable, I have bought quite a few models from DeAg but following this thread and other threads in the forum of missing parts or parts not arriving on time, difficult communications with with CS,it does not bode well. I think I will have to give up buying any more models from DeAg as all this disorganization garners no more support from me.

I will still put up builds that I will do from other companies and still watch with interest and respect the time and effort that the modelers on this forum do by putting their builds up for others to see and admire.

Just my Two Penneth BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
FINISHED BUILDS---- HMS Victory--Bismarck--Battleship Yamato-D51 Steam Train--Pocher Ferrari Testarossa--Soleil Royal--Schnellboot S-100--StageCoach 1848--HMS HOOD-- Delorean (Back to the Future)
roymattblack
#22 Posted : 01 July 2019 09:33:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

gngan wrote:
IMHO, administrators/mods of this forum are not the official reps of DeAg but they may have more direct access to the company's CS or managers and they are willing to offer support/help to other forum members.
So, perhaps the expectation is wishing one more influential voice is going to help but at the end of the day it's still up to DeAg?

You are not far off the mark.
The admin here IS official with DeAgostini, but we aren't customer services.
Yes, we can get questions and messages to them directly but as you say, it's then down to C/S to sort it.

This is a model forum for builds, help, advice and support as far as we are able.
I'll try to find out today if there's an update.

Roy.
Paul38
#23 Posted : 01 July 2019 12:11:41

This is very unprofessional. Absolutely unacceptable...... shall I go on.
I would like a definitive answer within 24 hours please. I’m sure that like Australia the UK has a business consumer affairs department that is where my next email will be going to rather than customer support.
Kapclo15
#24 Posted : 01 July 2019 12:32:46

You are not far off the mark.
The admin here IS official with DeAgostini, but we aren't customer services.
Yes, we can get questions and messages to them directly but as you say, it's then down to C/S to sort it.

This is a model forum for builds, help, advice and support as far as we are able.
I'll try to find out today if there's an update.

Roy.

So you are not customer services. Customer Services are pathetic. I have been emailing them for 3 months, without a sensible answer. You can get messages to them directly, but you can't get answers from them back to us subscribers So as subscribers what the hell are we supposed to do but try and get answers on this forum. You lot just don't get it!
Widdershins
#25 Posted : 01 July 2019 14:50:11

I agree and my posts represent the frustration I am getting when the stock answer to Emails is 'a few weeks delay' when actually this has stretched to 3 months or a whole season. Reading the posts it appeared that there was some company interest or representation. If this is not the case I apologise.
MasterRich
#26 Posted : 02 July 2019 13:03:50

Red Medal: Red Medal

Moderator wrote:
Stock issues can occur for many reasons, however “being guinea pigs” is NOT one of them. Rest assured, you are not getting a kin that is being designed on the fly.

Not what Model-Space told one on the phone, that we (UK) are guinea pigs
MasterRich
#27 Posted : 02 July 2019 13:05:54

Red Medal: Red Medal

Andreas wrote:
MasterRich wrote:
it's to do with the way the engine parts fit onto the chassis. it's being changed, hence the delay. Germany did a test run and we are the FIRST to get this kit LIVE. We are essentially guinea pigs. They (Model-Space) keep getting told by Germany that it's coming soon and each follow up is the same response.

I do not know where you get your information from. I am not aware of any problems with mounting the engine on the chassis in delivery 8. In DE I do the official construction of the Rossi bike. Meanwhile, we have the delivery 14 with the construction phases 55- 58 installed, and this so far without problems

Model-Space told me on the phone that there is a slight design change with the way the engine and stuff fits onto the chassis frame.
gngan
#28 Posted : 02 July 2019 15:29:44

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

I am a relatively new member and rarely contribute to this forum BUT I really enjoy watching all the builds (old or new or build videos) all along in the last 12 months in this forum.

IMHO, helping members to enjoy and share the building experience is the primary goal of the admin/mods before or after the change. To the extreme, even if no-one is building DeAg models I believe that the admin/mods will still doing their best to bring life and actions to this forum. Negative energy won't help and would likely discourage a group of new admin/mods wanting to do a great job. I think most of us modellers would like to see an active forum and I respectfully suggest not to treat this forum as a replacement of C/S complaints or as some airbag for frustration. We don't use a stick to welcome a new team.

Perhaps complaining here is not the most effective way to get help. It is because the situation is obviously more related to the infrastructure of the product pipeline and distribution and C/S chain and any change (if any) will take time. My pure speculation + imagination, modelling is not an uprising business and part-work is unlikely a big revenue/cash cow of DeAg? We can't expect any company to increase their launches of new models while improving the forum and while improving C/S all at the same time?
There are couples of things that can be done:
(1) The admin/mods can consider summarising all the complaints and the underlying issues to top mgt to reflect the situation. (in fact, the new topic of delivery schedule is already a step forward)
(2) You can always write to the head office explaining the situation by searching for their email on the net. People sent email to Tim Cook all the time. The simple logic is: if there are really many modellers having issues with the company, they will soon be more aware of the issues. BUT, if this is just a small percentage of unlucky events, then we may have to be patient.
(3) Use more positive perspective, you may have to wait for parts delivery but you can still enjoy the builds and discussions in this forum if we let the admin/mods to do their real jobs (hopefully there will be more).

Just my 5 cents. If I say anything wrong/inappropriate please accept my apology in advance.

Kapclo15
#29 Posted : 02 July 2019 18:10:09

Hello all you frustrated Rossi Yamaha builders

Just received an email from CS saying they have received the Pack 8 parts and will be sent out as soon as possible.

So fingers crossed back to building soon, again though just a shame how much effort it is to get hard news out of DeAgostini.

Cheers
admin
#30 Posted : 03 July 2019 17:37:04

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Gentlemen,

If you have a chance, take a look at the number 3 heading at the top of the message boards. It is labeled “ Inventory Updates” and will be the source for information on the projected arrival dates of problem packs. We thought it far better to provide a single source for information.

If you have CS issues, please PM the “moderator” account. I’ll address those issues there, and privately.

I’ll be locking this thread. I do understand the frustrations you justifiably have, and we all are working towards resolving the many issues you are facing.

Thanks,

Mark