Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages 12>
Andreas Modified X-Wing Build Options
Andreas
#1 Posted : 17 November 2018 07:52:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

Hi everybody
I also now started my X-Wing build. I am building two of them. One is Modified,
The Modified one i want to change its look, just like in the Movies, with all its marks,damages and scratches.I searched for some reference pictures just to get some Ideas.

One further point is the power supply. For all the Lights and extras the Battery power is not going to be enough making everything work out nice. Just like my Millenium Falcon i want to use a Power Adaptor.

All original LEDs are already replaced. I ordered new ones with resistors.The computer consoles i redesigned. Here I have completely sanded them, and drilled new holes for the lighting. I want to replace the entire cockpit lighting with fiber optics.

By starting my built some components have been slightly edited. I had to paint some parts from R2D2 from the inside because it looked like a Michelin figure when the LED was switched on.
The same i had to do with the laser cannons. Now the laser only gets its full effect at the front.
Now Problems with the Subengines. If you look at the brightness of the Subengine, you can imagine what it looks like when four pieces of them light up.

The pictures show the building status up to issue 14.

Forum Support Team
http://www.model-space.com/de/
Markwarren
#2 Posted : 17 November 2018 08:29:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Nice work Andreas, looking forward to seeing this come together.

Mark
arpurchase
#3 Posted : 17 November 2018 09:20:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Nice start and looking goodCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

pemberg
#4 Posted : 17 November 2018 20:51:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great start, looking forward to seeing more of this build.

Graeme
Andreas
#5 Posted : 23 November 2018 09:30:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

Thanks everybody!!

After receiving some parts i ordered for the X-Wing i started Modifying. I want to change the lights in the cockpit by using light fiber optics. Just attached two short Clips on my youtube channel how it is going to look like.
The first computer console has been finished with fiber optics, and i made i test run. The X-Wing is going to be controlled by running light modules. It is possible to change the Running sequences. Everything is designed for 4-12 volt voltage. For the sub engines, I replaced the original LEDs, and replaced them with pulsating LEDs. I also modified Luke's survival equipment with 3 fiber optic cables. It is still a long way to go to put on all the lights the X-Wing has got. Searching for reverence Pictures i found some pics that shows the X-Wing from Luke which had got 4 white Position lights in the Wings. Just to see it only check his crash on Dagobah in the swamp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-67GQh2-tM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF_GsTkbGCc

Forum Support Team
Gandale
#6 Posted : 23 November 2018 09:38:22

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looking good, some very nice work being done on the lighting effects.....Cool Cool Look forward to following this one.....

Regards

Alan
CaptnBirdseye
#7 Posted : 23 November 2018 10:00:21

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great work Andreas but would expect nothing less ThumpUp
pemberg
#8 Posted : 23 November 2018 12:02:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Loving the modifications you are making, it should be very impressive when complete. I look forward to seeing more.

Graeme
Andreas
#9 Posted : 29 November 2018 13:47:23

I would like to put on a few Victory Marks on my X-Wing. I have already found a few "enemies".BigGrin To get it done I have ordered some sticker foil in gray DIN A4 for laser printing.I hope to get a fine result. As soon as they arrive I will start some "experiments".

Forum Support Team
pemberg
#10 Posted : 05 December 2018 22:29:27

A nice touch with the victory markings, should look great.

Graeme
Andreas
#11 Posted : 10 April 2019 06:34:52

After a long break due to illness, I can finally continue with the X-Wing.First step, I provided one of the wings with Blaster-marks. To simulate fire I used LED'S with flicker effect. Only the LEDs do not fit in the wing, so the LED's were equipped with fiber optic cables. Currently the third wing is going to get completed. Only one I have provided with Blaster-marks. Even if it seems boring to one or the other that it is only wing mounting in the first 30 issues, I am not so.BigGrin I take time for the wings. Each of the wings was provided with landing lights, also all power lines must be relocated.

This second X-wing is going to operate with 12 V. Still a lot of
electronic components for the extras must be housed in the nose of the X-Wing. The same applies to the electrical cables and optical fibers. Still a long way to go.BigGrin

Forum Support Team
Andreas
#12 Posted : 11 April 2019 16:37:32

Now 3 wings are as good as finished. Landing lights, position lights, done at 3 wings. A lot of electronic is still pending. Have just put the X-Wing for viewing provisionally together. In any case, this will be a great model when finished.

Forum Support Team
Kev the Modeller
#13 Posted : 11 April 2019 18:46:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Very nice work Andreas, you are showing some great skills here, especially with your weathering and the fitting of all of those electronics.

Very well done! Cool ThumpUp

Kev Smile
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Markwarren
#14 Posted : 11 April 2019 22:19:12

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Great work Andreas, coming on very nicely.Love

Mark
Andreas
#15 Posted : 12 April 2019 07:21:29

Thanks, i appreciate BigGrin .

Also as discussed here about the quality of the X-Wing to the Falcon I just wan´t to say, there is no difference. I am very far ahead so I can make my own judgment about the quality of the parts. Till now everything fits. Whether it is about the cladding panels or frame parts. Sure, one or the other will say "Boring always only wings", but the X-Wing has got 4 wingsBigGrin,and they must be done. I have now put 6 wings together. I am building the X-Wing twice,and can now build the Wings together while i´m sleeping.BigGrin

One X-Wing standard, one modified. The modified X-Wing works with 12 volts.
To the parts.
All parts are delivered ready painted and the electronics are included.For a model builder newbie so no problem if he does not want to make any modifications. Just assemble, and the X-Wing is ready.
For modifications, the X-Wing offers a lot of possibilities. Starting with the colors, lights, fiber optics, sound, etc.Space for the electronics is enough available. Just make a good planning in advance.
For all X-Wing model builders i wish fun and success in building. If someone needs a tip or has got a question, here I will gladly support.

best
Andreas
Forum Support Team
darbyvet
#16 Posted : 12 April 2019 18:34:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

great work and great to see it with a "nose" on it.

Carl

birdaj2
#17 Posted : 14 April 2019 11:37:16

Andreas

All looking very nice.

At the point you are with your build how many more packs do you need to finish the model?
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
clay
#18 Posted : 10 July 2019 15:36:09

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Andreas,

You are doing a fantastic job...I hate you!!!BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

I look forward to more of your updates...and seeing other clever things that you've added!!!

Clay
admin
#19 Posted : 10 July 2019 16:24:20

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Looking great, Andreas! I really like the glowing battle damage. A very nice touch.
Andreas
#20 Posted : 11 July 2019 07:07:06

Thanks everybody, I appreciate it very much.

I have recently been somewhat limited in terms of model making. Now it goes on again.

It is also pleasing to see other X-Wing construction reports coming up here.BigGrin ThumpUp

My X-Wing is now continuing. I would still like to add a few things. At the moment the 4th wing has to be finished.Then the Wings are done!BigGrin

I had already ordered additional components for the mods in advance, such as a sound module, speakers etc. An idea I had still taken up what concerns the cockpit. Here I would like to try that the cockpit hood opens electrically when the landing light goes on. Still a lot to do, but i can see a small light at the end of the tunnelBigGrin

best Andreas

Forum Support Team