Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages «<234
Mark's Easy Rider Build Options
Markwarren
#61 Posted : 08 July 2019 21:06:12

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Than you everyone for looking in and your comments. Blushing I’m only halfway through pack 11, loads do do in this one.Cool

Mark
CaptnBirdseye
#62 Posted : 08 July 2019 21:17:32

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Looks a really good kit Mark, and coming together well

Cheers Gray
Markwarren
#63 Posted : 13 July 2019 10:49:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Thank you Gray for you comments.Cool

Still completing pack 11. As I said a lot of work to do in this part of the build and quite honestly you need three pairs of hands on some parts to fit.
I did run into a couple of issues along the way, one of which was my own doing.Cursing I had difficulty fixing the rear exhaust pipe to the engine block, it just didn’t sit right which meant I couldn’t attach the bracket on the frame in the right place. After several hours I found the problem. In the first picture you will see that the ball end is not seated correctly into the top section with the pin not fitting into the slot. Once this was rectified, hey presto, it fitted correctly.BigGrin

The other issue was that the instruction showing the rear footrest fitting behind the exhaust, when in fact they should fit in front. You don’t want the rear passenger burning his/her foot on the exhaust pipe.

The next lot of pictures show how and where they were altered. An easy fix.

I have just fitted the front forks and now finishing off the cables This is quite a beast of a kit, I will show more pictures later. Now where is that wide angle camera.LOL
Markwarren attached the following image(s):
Photo 84.jpg
Photo 85.jpg
Photo 86.jpg
Photo 87.jpg
Photo 88.jpg
arpurchase
#64 Posted : 13 July 2019 19:18:43

BigGrin All looking good and nice workCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Spal
#65 Posted : 13 July 2019 19:45:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Superb work Mark Cool good spot with the footrests.

Al
birdaj2
#66 Posted : 13 July 2019 19:49:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

They put one heck of a lot of detail into this kit when they designed it Mark.

The more i seeof this one the more its growing on me and you seem to be getting more build per instalment on this one.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
roymattblack
#67 Posted : 13 July 2019 20:19:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

You really are taking great care with this one.
That's what lifts a model into the next level. Keep it coming - a fascinating build.

Roy.
Markwarren
#68 Posted : 13 July 2019 20:43:23

Many thanks guys for the comments.Blushing

I have finally finished pack 11, and as luck would have it, the postman bought the final pack 12 this morning. So, I set to fixing the clutch and throttle cables to the handlebars. As you can see in these pictures it is some size.Love

Mark

Photo 89.jpg
Photo 90.jpg
Photo 91.jpg
Photo 92.jpg
Markwarren
#69 Posted : 13 July 2019 20:45:18

Pack 12

In the final pack we get to fit spark plugs all the cabling and pipework as well as fit the seat and front tank. You also got to change some of the screws fitted in earlier stages with the proper bolts, which is a nice touch.
Finally, I then gave the chrome my oil treatment to take off the highly, too shiny, chrome plating to give it a more authentic look.

The final pictures are of the Captain America complete. It has been a pleasure building this, although frustrating at time, but this is a well detailed kit and looks absolutely stunning to look at.Love Drool

I will be posting the final gallery pictures shortly with the helmet attached as well.

Thanks all for looking and following this build.

Mark
Photo 93.jpg
Photo 94.jpg
Photo 95.jpg
Photo 96.jpg
Photo 97.jpg
Photo 98.jpg
Photo 99.jpg
Photo 100.jpg
Photo 101.jpg
Photo 102.jpg
Gandale
#70 Posted : 13 July 2019 22:04:12

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looks huge Mark, my question would be where are you going to be able to display this beast....LOL LOL .. Beautiful build and credit to your skills....Love Love

Regards

Alan
Markwarren
#71 Posted : 14 July 2019 09:07:23

Gandale wrote:
Looks huge Mark, my question would be where are you going to be able to display this beast....LOL LOL .. Beautiful build and credit to your skills....Love Love

Regards

Alan

Thank you Alan. Not sure where it will go just yet, think I need a bigger house.LOL

Mark
Sticky Wickett
#72 Posted : 26 July 2019 13:44:39

Publisher Medal: December 2019 Modeler of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Very nice Mark. Looks absolutely superb!Love Love

Regards,
Phil W.
Completed projects: 1/43 scale Bedford HA van / 1/43 scale MG TD sports car
Current projects: 1/48 scale U-boat [U230]
Future projects: 1/148 scale railway diorama / 1/50 scale R/C Volvo F89 logging truck / 1/148 scale Thunderbirds Fireflash
darbyvet
#73 Posted : 26 July 2019 14:38:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

looks fantastic.Put on some Springsteen and blast "Born in the USA" as loud as you can!!

Carl

CaptnBirdseye
#74 Posted : 26 July 2019 15:01:49

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

darbyvet wrote:
looks fantastic.Put on some Springsteen and blast "Born in the USA" as loud as you can!!

Carl

BigGrin Or better still 'Born to be Wild' by Steppenwolf ThumpUp
Great result Mark

Cheers Gray
casper
#75 Posted : 02 November 2019 14:49:08

what a stunning model, it just keeps getting betterCool
casp
delboy271155
#76 Posted : 02 November 2019 21:15:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Cool Cool Cool Cool

Wish I had the space for this one it looks stunning.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"