Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Paint colour Options
ALW
#1 Posted : 06 March 2019 13:06:56

Outstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hello all

I've finally made a start on my Sherman but not sure if the paint I've used
it just a bit too dark.
I bought Olive drab RAL 6022.

Its not really the shade I'd hoped for so any suggestions/opinions would be welcome.

Thank you.
Regards.

Alan
ALW attached the following image(s):
IMG_6699  olive drab.jpg
tigerace
#2 Posted : 06 March 2019 15:43:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looks ok to me AlanBigGrin you could lighten a bit if you weather itBigGrin but its a good colourCool regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

ALW
#3 Posted : 06 March 2019 15:55:02

Outstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Phil

Ok thank you I'll stick with it!

Regards

Alan
tf64
#4 Posted : 06 March 2019 23:01:12

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Alan,

Nice Start look's good to me.

Trev
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

ALW
#5 Posted : 07 March 2019 08:47:46

Hi Trev

Thank you.

So much easier working with larger parts!

Almost like working on the real thingBigGrin

Regards

Alan
Nemesis
#6 Posted : 07 March 2019 08:59:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Colour looks good and will lighten when you start with shading and weathering.BigGrin Cool
Jessicatrump77
#7 Posted : 14 March 2019 19:23:09

it looks good
ALW
#8 Posted : 14 March 2019 19:34:23

Thanks Jessicatrump77

You’re not related to Donald are you?BigGrin
Christian M.
#9 Posted : 23 July 2019 16:01:36

Of course, the original Sherman had his paint after Federal Standard (FS) color code ... as on the German side everything according to RAL or RLM had a paint job ... but I personally think nothing of it, in the model this original FS / RAL / RLM color numbers to take.
There is the so-called scale effect in the painting and there it is so that the smaller the model, the brighter the color must be compared to the original.

You certainly know the standard NATO livery of Green, Brown and Black as it is used in almost all NATO countries. I was once lucky to get a bucket of original green RAL / FS of the German Bundeswehr. If I take this color on a 1/35 model of the Leoprad 2 or even on an M1A2 Abrams or whatever vehicle / tank, nobody takes and believes that it is the original color because way too dark.

Adds to this fact even the effects of "Weathering", so for example, the fading of the UV rays of the sun, is the use of colors to FS / RAL / RLM in the model ... sorry ... in my opinion nonsense. BigGrin

As far as the color of your Sherman is concerned, in my opinion you have taken good care of her. If you make the effect of fading with one or two layers of slightly brightened olive drab, then it fits perfectly.

Cheers,
Christian
These 2 words open all doors in your life:

Press and drag!