Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages «<3456>
Mark's DC-3 Options
Markwarren
#81 Posted : 18 July 2019 07:14:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Coming together very nice, just shows how intricate this model is.Love

Mark
delboy271155
#82 Posted : 18 July 2019 07:24:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Looks spot on. WTG

Cool Cool Cool

You get a great sense of achievement when you finish this kit.

Keep up the good work. BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

roymattblack
#83 Posted : 18 July 2019 08:15:30

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

That is looking really great.
Making all those seats must have been fun...!
Will the interior be accessible when the model is finished?
It would be a shame if you can't see it all.

Roy.
mwstratton
#84 Posted : 18 July 2019 13:57:08

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

roymattblack wrote:
That is looking really great.
Making all those seats must have been fun...!
Will the interior be accessible when the model is finished?
It would be a shame if you can't see it all.

Roy.

The top of the passenger cabin is lift off so the interior is visible.
Currently: Soliel Royal, Deag DC-3, DeAg Ford Shelby Mustang GT 500

Prior builds: Mayflower, USS Constitution, Academy 1/800 USS Kitty Hawk, Revell's 1/48 A 10 Warthog

Under the Bench:

On Hold: Revell's 1/48 P 61 Black Widow; AL L'Hermione La Fayette
mwstratton
#85 Posted : 18 July 2019 13:58:30

Thanks all, for your kind words. This kit is a blast to build.

Mark

Prior builds: Mayflower, USS Constitution, Academy 1/800 USS Kitty Hawk, Revell's 1/48 A 10 Warthog

Under the Bench:

mwstratton
#86 Posted : 18 July 2019 19:28:05

I have a question about the lighting kit. I have not been able to find the instructions to connect the power pack to the male power connector. I would be foolish to clad the model without first testing the wiring. I think that the wires should be connected to the plug as i've shown in the attached photo. Am I correct?

Thanks
Mark
mwstratton attached the following image(s):
thumbnail.jpg

Under the Bench:

delboy271155
#87 Posted : 18 July 2019 20:09:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Mark,

Understand where you are coming from with this.

The link below will show how the power socket is wired, with the positive on the centre pin and the negative on the outer sleeve. Looking at your pic it looks good that you have the supply plug the correct way round.

https://forum.model-spac...spx?g=posts&t=17729

Follow the instructions for the wiring and led`s inside the plane to the letter and you should have no issues.

Any worries then post or PM me and we can talk it through.

NOTE: When you twist wires together they must be soldered and then covered with heat shrink. You don`t want them coming apart after you have panelled it and have no access.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

mwstratton
#88 Posted : 18 July 2019 20:37:02

delboy271155 wrote:
Hi Mark,

Understand where you are coming from with this.

The link below will show how the power socket is wired, with the positive on the centre pin and the negative on the outer sleeve. Looking at your pic it looks good that you have the supply plug the correct way round.

https://forum.model-spac...spx?g=posts&t=17729

Follow the instructions for the wiring and led`s inside the plane to the letter and you should have no issues.

Any worries then post or PM me and we can talk it through.

NOTE: When you twist wires together they must be soldered and then covered with heat shrink. You don`t want them coming apart after you have panelled it and have no access.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Thanks Derek, appreciate your assist

Under the Bench:

mwstratton
#89 Posted : 19 July 2019 01:48:35

Pack 6

Got the lighting kit power connection and lines for each wing and tail fitted. I tested the installation and found a bad solder joint on the connector. I'm so glad that I went "off Book" and tested the wiring. I would have been thoroughly Puted Cursing had I buttoned it up and later found out that the optional lighting kit that I had to order from the UK site and have it shipped internationally at a total cost of $75 US (cost of part, shipping and conversion from USD to British pound). Blink LOL

Thanks for stopping by,
Mark

DC 3 pack 6-9.jpg

Under the Bench:

mwstratton
#90 Posted : 19 July 2019 01:53:11

Pack 6

The last step to pack 6 is cladding the outside. I did not have any masking or painting to do as I painted the preformed metal parts at the time i installed them.

This completes Pack 6.

Thanks for looking in.
Mark
DC pack 6-10.jpg

Under the Bench:

darbyvet
#91 Posted : 19 July 2019 02:35:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

Its looking great.Good to see a US build of this.I was at an airshow this weekend and thye had a whole line of C47s on display.Awesome planes

Carl

birdaj2
#92 Posted : 19 July 2019 07:15:09

Mark

Well done on testing the lighting and fixing that fault.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Kev the Modeller
#93 Posted : 19 July 2019 11:19:09

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Looking good Mark and making nice progress with your build, thanks for sharing. Glad you decided to test the electrics before sealing it all up, that would have been such a shame to find that the lighting didn't work, besides being extremely frustrating for you!?

Well done. Cool ThumpUp

Kev Smile
Per Ardua Ad Astra
mwstratton
#94 Posted : 02 August 2019 20:12:53

Pack 7

Pack 7 is the tail section of the aircraft. It is pretty straightforward construction so I will let the pics do the talking.

Thanks for following
Mark
DC 3 pack 7-1.jpg
DC 3 pack 7-2.jpg
DC 3 pack 7-3.jpg
DC 3 pack 7-4.jpg
DC 3 pack 7-5.jpg

Under the Bench:

mwstratton
#95 Posted : 02 August 2019 20:18:33

darbyvet wrote:
Its looking great.Good to see a US build of this.I was at an airshow this weekend and thye had a whole line of C47s on display.Awesome planes

Carl

I'm thinking that I might get a second subscription of this kit and modifying the build to create a C 47. It would be a challenge but I think the result would be worth the time

Mark

Under the Bench:

darbyvet
#96 Posted : 02 August 2019 20:25:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

mwstratton wrote:
darbyvet wrote:

Carl

I'm thinking that I might get a second subscription of this kit and modifying the build to create a C 47. It would be a challenge but I think the result would be worth the time

Mark

Oh yes that would be great.you could take out the seats and put benches in and make a band Of Brothers diorama with some airborne infantry figures.

Carl

mwstratton
#97 Posted : 03 August 2019 05:33:37

Pack 7

I've fitted the tail gear mount and built the rudder.

Mark
DC 3 pack 7-6.jpg
DC 3 pack 7-7.jpg

Under the Bench:

delboy271155
#98 Posted : 03 August 2019 07:58:23

This is coming on a pace and looking good.

Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Markwarren
#99 Posted : 03 August 2019 09:07:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Just catching up with your build Mark. Coming on very nicely.Love Drool

Mark
Gandale
#100 Posted : 03 August 2019 22:41:34

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

You're doing a great job with this one Mark, all looks very good indeed....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan