Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

All the gear, no idea... here goes!!!! Options
dvb247
#1 Posted : 12 August 2011 18:54:31

Groups: Registered

Blushing Okay, I'm up to issue 16 now and the longer I leave it the more afraid to start I'll become, so tonight is the night, I've read plenty, purchased plenty (mag light, wera driver, ultra gel, pva pipe weld, all sorts of plyers, files, cutters etc)so all that's left is for me to start.
The last model I made was a harrier jump jet at a similar age to my son now, some 27 years ago, I'll spare you the maths, I'm 41.
Please be patient with me as I'm highly likely to be asking some basic questions for a while, many thanks in advance
Confused BigGrin
Tomick
#2 Posted : 12 August 2011 18:59:08

Groups:

The main thing is take your time and enjoy it Cool
matlow
#3 Posted : 12 August 2011 20:15:03

Have fun with it i know iam
Lutonboy
#4 Posted : 12 August 2011 22:05:09

Issue 16 and havent started? Every wednesday im down whs to get the latest issue and spend the next hour dragging out the part as long as i can. Highlight of my week. Blushing Im actually quite jealous. Wish i had a pile to do. Good luck with it. It looks great so far.
MWG
#5 Posted : 13 August 2011 09:18:20

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I have just taken delivery of part 17, and I have not started yet.
I am in no rush, It will be a winter project, where I can sit and and have enough parts to spend whole days building.

Plus if there are any problems, or other people have done enhancements I can study these and be prepared to incorporate or not.

Dvb as I always say MODELLING IS A JOURNEY NOT A DESTINATION enjoy your buildBigGrin Cool
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

dvb247
#6 Posted : 13 August 2011 19:10:12

Last night was a wash out as my wife and I took an offer the spend an evening with freinds for a Chinese meal and drinks, so only managed to start issue 1, but today has been great, I'm now up to issue 10/11 and I have to say, it's been tenseScared
I have had a couple of very small mistakes that I know about but nobody else will notice, the hardest thing is the black screws going into the suspension plastics, they are so weak, I've rounded off 3 screws despite using a lubricate, what I did work out was that if I used the spare black type B flat head screw from issue 3, the head is much stronger and so I used it for several pilot threads before using the weak black type C pan head screws.
Going to quit now whilst I'm ahead, will see if I get another bite of the cherry tomorrow!
Thank you for all your support BigGrin
MWG
#7 Posted : 13 August 2011 19:14:02

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Good stuffBigGrin See you can do it!!!Wink
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.