Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

X-Wing To Australia???? Options
Junk Pilot
#1 Posted : 30 August 2019 22:05:04

Groups: Registered

Will Australia be getting this series at all and who will be distributing it?

Bissett Magazines who handled De Agostini subscriptions in Australia collapsed last year leaving many subscribers hanging out in the cold.

Who is the new distributor and when can we expect to see this beast on our shores?
spacejunk
#2 Posted : 01 September 2019 00:12:54

I am not sure if we will ever get more partworks here in Australia. I have contacted Ovato (who have taken over from Gordon and Gotch) to see if they will distribute this, but they have no idea about any partworks coming up.
I have resorted to buying the X-Wing, Terminator and Bismarck on ebay, but it will cost me a small fortune in the end, which I may have to review in the future.
I hope that one day, for us here downunder something will be sorted out, but I am not holding my breath.
spacejunk
#3 Posted : 06 September 2019 03:43:54

Well it turns out that here in Australia we will be getting the Terminator next week and the Bismarck the following week.
So there is hope that the X-Wing will arrive on our shores. I am betting once the Build the R2-D2 is finished it will come then.
BigMike
#4 Posted : 06 September 2019 10:33:40

is that through a newsagent? or subscription?
S4Simon
#5 Posted : 06 September 2019 11:06:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

spacejunk wrote:
Well it turns out that here in Australia we will be getting the Terminator next week and the Bismarck the following week.
So there is hope that the X-Wing will arrive on our shores. I am betting once the Build the R2-D2 is finished it will come then.

Well that’s the best news i’ve Heard in months. I go to the newsagent every couple of weeks in the hope that something will drop.

I’ll be doing the Bismarck, but not sure whether to go the weekly newsagent route or monthly “hope it gets delivered route”.

I have regained a little confidence with the R2 deliveries now that they’ve started back up with deliveries from deag uk.

Just out of interest where did you hear this news about the terminator and Bismarck ?
BUILDING: Taking a break / Waiting for the next epic build to be released

COMPLETED: Hachette Spitfire, Hachette Bismarck, Deagostini Millennium Falcon, Deagostini R2-D2
spacejunk
#6 Posted : 06 September 2019 13:14:54

S4Simon wrote:
spacejunk wrote:

Well that’s the best news i’ve Heard in months. I go to the newsagent every couple of weeks in the hope that something will drop.

I’ll be doing the Bismarck, but not sure whether to go the weekly newsagent route or monthly “hope it gets delivered route”.

I have regained a little confidence with the R2 deliveries now that they’ve started back up with deliveries from deag uk.

Just out of interest where did you hear this news about the terminator and Bismarck ?

Ovato (who have taken over from Gordon and Gotch) deliver to newsagents. On their website they have a PDF page of all partworks delivered to newsagents. Just this week they listed both Terminator and Bismarck.
I contacted my newsagent to confirm this and they got back to me with the great news.
I asked if they would do the premium subscription with the Terminator but apparently they don't. So as to subscribing for the additional gifts I don't have an answer for that. May have to wait till I get the first issue and see what it's says.
spacejunk
#7 Posted : 06 September 2019 13:16:04

BigMike wrote:
is that through a newsagent? or subscription?

Newsagent
S4Simon
#8 Posted : 06 September 2019 13:35:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Thanks Spacejunk. Found it. First issue $4.99 on sale 09th Sep. :-)

COMPLETED: Hachette Spitfire, Hachette Bismarck, Deagostini Millennium Falcon, Deagostini R2-D2
Jinnai
#9 Posted : 07 September 2019 02:26:15

Subs for this will probably run though eaglemoss like warhammer conquest is, which is still struggling to send subscriptions to us aussies. Stick to your newsagents guys.
Jinnai
#10 Posted : 12 September 2019 13:51:09

Did anyone succeed with the terminator? My family friend who owns a newsagent said it’s not in yet, but the Bismarck came out today.
S4Simon
#11 Posted : 12 September 2019 21:42:04

Not seen the terminator in Brissy. Picked up a copy of the Bismarck during the week. Their online subscription service hasn’t been working all week, keeps crashing at the acceptance stage. Also looks like there’s no newsagent option, just subscription only.

spacejunk
#12 Posted : 13 September 2019 01:23:59

The Terminator is out Monday the 16th in newsagents. Bismarck is out now in newsagents. Not sure if I am going to subscribe as I hear that there are too many issues with getting the issues.
Jinnai
#13 Posted : 13 September 2019 14:40:54

spacejunk wrote:
The Terminator is out Monday the 16th in newsagents. Bismarck is out now in newsagents. Not sure if I am going to subscribe as I hear that there are too many issues with getting the issues.

Newsagents won’t have any problems unless there’s a supply problem from the UK (and there always is around Chinese New Year), but actual subscriptions with the free gifts are still
Running into troubles according to warhammer conquest subs.
Junk Pilot
#14 Posted : 30 January 2020 09:30:35

Jinnai wrote:
Subs for this will probably run though eaglemoss like warhammer conquest is, which is still struggling to send subscriptions to us aussies. Stick to your newsagents guys.

It's important for people to understand newsagents only get the first couple of issues to entice people to subscribe through the distributor. If you don't want to subscribe you need to tell the newsagent you want a standing order through them.

I initially subscribed to the Falcon but wasn't happy with the condition the magazines were coming in so a interstate move gave me an excuse to stop the subscription and order them through a newsagent. Not only did I not have any problems with getting the issues but they arrived in better condition than what I got through the subscription.
skyfire
#15 Posted : 30 January 2020 14:49:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I am seriously hoping this one will come to Australia, but at the end of the year, (my cc debt will be well and truly gone by then) and I will be getting it from the newagent, far better service than a subscription!
Junk Pilot
#16 Posted : 03 October 2021 23:00:41

So....two years after I posted this question we still haven't had this land in Australia. I guess that means we're not getting it. I do know that some countries started to get the Millennium Falcon about two years after it was released in the UK. To be honest, I don't want the X-Wing as much as I want the AT-AT. I want 3 of those beasts.
spacejunk
#17 Posted : 04 October 2021 06:39:03

Junk Pilot wrote:
So....two years after I posted this question we still haven't had this land in Australia. I guess that means we're not getting it. I do know that some countries started to get the Millennium Falcon about two years after it was released in the UK. To be honest, I don't want the X-Wing as much as I want the AT-AT. I want 3 of those beasts.

I ended up getting this through a newsagent in Scotland, who graciously let me buy them with discounted shipping in packs of 4 instead of buying individually on their ebay listings.
I know there is a French site (Journaux.fr) which you can buy this and import to Australia. They are not bad as I am currently getting the Alien build with them. You can build up issues and ship as packs, but the only thing is they charge full shipping until you decide to ship - then they send you a refund back for the excess.
I really can't see it being released here as with many others that we are missing out on.