Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

When to expect delivery of a complete kit order Options
Cranston
#1 Posted : 07 October 2019 14:30:32

Groups: Registered

I'm trying to find out what the estimated delivery date is for a complete kit order I placed and I'm getting nowhere.

The page for my model (Victory cross section) says 'complete kit will be delivered to you FREE of charge within approximately 5 working days from the date your order has been confirmed' but there's a forum entry in the Build diary saying it can take 28 days Confused . My order was confirmed on the 28th of Spetember.

I've done a couple of 'contact us' entries but had no reply yet.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated BigGrin

Cheers.
Charlie Dude
#2 Posted : 07 October 2019 17:20:59

My R2D2 full kit took about 10 days to get to me after I ordered it. You'll get the kit in 25 monthly boxes and hopefully all of them will be there. Mine was missing the month 3 shipment and after contacting lots of people I found out it was backordered, and still on backorder after a month! Good Luck!
Cranston
#3 Posted : 08 October 2019 13:35:24

Thanks CD, I'm hoping for better service. :-(
Cranston
#4 Posted : 08 October 2019 13:52:40

I'm really not a happy bunny.

At last, an answer to this (my second) 'contact us' request:

'I've had no reply from my first request, so I'll try again.
Can you tell me when I can expect delivery of my Victory cross section kit please? (Order #100020434 ordered on 28th Sepetember).
Your website days '5 working days' but a post on your forum page suggests it could be up to 28 days.'

Their reply (including spelling error):

'Thank you for your email, I am sorry about the delay in sending the HMS Victory extension kit, but we are waiting for certain parts of this to arrive andd will forward your order as soon as available.'

My reply to them:

'Thanks for the reply but could you please tell me if we are looking at days, weeks or months before I get my kit?
Your website still says it’s available when it’s obviously out of stock. This is rather bad business practice and I’m not impressed.'

If their answer is not favourable, I can see a cancelled order and a request for compensation coming up.

Really poor customer service. Angry

Charlie Dude
#5 Posted : 08 October 2019 15:02:18

I ordered my kit on 8/29 and got an e-mail 9/4 that it had shipped. I got the original order delivered 9/11 that had all the months except month 3. Yesterday 10/7 I received the month 3 even though no one e-mailed me telling me it had shipped.

I also complained that if they didn't have the product available why did they have it listed as "available" on the website? If it's out of stock or backordered, say so, don't let people buy it and have to wait?

Their communication is just plain horrible!

I figured since I got the kit at 25% off and free shipping it kind of made up for the nonsense since I was saving almost $500 on the kit.

It is nicely package and such, it'll be worth the wait, hang in there!
Gandale
#6 Posted : 08 October 2019 15:35:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Your comments on this topic have been noted. Will see what additional info we can get for you...

Regards

Alan