Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages <123
Eaglemoss '007' Aston Martin DB5 back again Options
roymattblack
#41 Posted : 13 October 2019 19:57:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

From what I have gathered via several different posts on other forums as well as actual conversations with EM, the DB5 hasn't actually been cancelled.

They are taking no new subscriptions due to parts shortages at present, and the current subscribers are going to get the whole kit.

However, things do seem to be a bit in flux, so we shall see how it goes.

CaptnBirdseye
#42 Posted : 13 October 2019 20:03:34

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Sad For those who have subscribed to this build and who wish to carry it on, I really do hope that this is the case Roy, as it would be such a shame for it to be cancelled now. Having read the comments about the quality of the paint finish, which was a problem with the initial run all those years ago, it does make me wonder though.Crying Confused
birdaj2
#43 Posted : 14 October 2019 12:23:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Just had parts 7-10 delivered Confused

Phoned EAGLEMOSS cs and this is what i have been told.

1. The UK build is cancelled. It may at some point in the future relaunch but no indication of when or if.

2. I will get a full refund of £71.94 but this is being issued in pack/shipment order. So had the £41 bit on friday and been told the rest of the refund will follow this week.

3. As to parts 7-10 seems they were sent before the cancellation was put in place. They have no free return postage labels so do not want these editions back.

So that is the latest i have been able to find out.

A great shame it is cancelled as despite the poor quality on some of the parts i initially received i really did intend to press on with this one as it looked like a number of companies were going to do upgrades as they did for the delorean so all in all a disappointment.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Steve1701
#44 Posted : 18 October 2019 23:03:20

Groups:

got my £30 returned tonight, shame the build has ended.
birdaj2
#45 Posted : 19 October 2019 08:33:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Steve1701 wrote:
got my £30 returned tonight, shame the build has ended.

Steve

You did slightly better than me then. I had a £2.99 refund email so just waiting now for that £30 they took due to their "error" in sending out too many parts on the first shipment.

Interesting looking on facebook earlier as a couple of the USA builders are sating they now have a parts shortage and delay although one chap has said that should sort itself next week.

Fully agree with you about it stopping as i would have loved to finish this one and i understand there were going to be a number of very nice third party upgrades offered.

Tony
Happy Modelling

SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
Steve1701
#46 Posted : 19 October 2019 17:27:00

Groups:

hopefully you will get your £30 this week tony. BigGrin
birdaj2
#47 Posted : 19 October 2019 18:13:24

Steve1701 wrote:
hopefully you will get your £30 this week tony. BigGrin

Hi Steve

Yes hoping that will happen.

Seems the refunds go through late on a friday so will give it to the end of the week.

Real shame though that it was cancelled but i guess these things happen and you just have to press on with something different.

Tony
Happy Modelling