Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages <123
Jaguar E-type display Case Options
andali15
#41 Posted : 11 June 2019 13:37:32

Groups: Registered

Looks like you will get a refund, although you will pay for return, and the look outside for a case like Roy’s shown you. Andy.
roymattblack
#42 Posted : 11 June 2019 14:30:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Why at your expense?
The case delivered is wrong. Not your mistake.
birdaj2
#43 Posted : 11 June 2019 15:45:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Might also be in your interests to find out what the refund value will be.

They have 2 of these cases in the shop both with the same dimensions but one is £69.99 and the other £99.99

Would hate to think it costs you say £15-£20 to return it and you get the £69.99 refund. I think your premium payment less the specification plaque needs to be worked out first.

Just a suggestion as it might be in your own interests to question this point.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Steve1701
#44 Posted : 11 June 2019 16:32:31

Groups:

thanks guys, im glad its just not me that thinks this is out of order, i dont see why i should pay for return delivery when its their fault, im gonna calm down a bit for now till my head clears.. thanks again for all your advice.
birdaj2
#45 Posted : 11 June 2019 16:42:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Steve

I understand how you feel.

If i spent money on an advertised product and what turned up was different as in this situation i would not be best pleased either.

The car model looks like being a nice model when complete but that case they have supplied (in my own opinion which may well differ to others thoughts) does not do justice to the model - it looks terrible even if it was sized correctly.

In terms of you paying the postage i would check the listings for the jag to see if deagostini put in any clauses to the effect "we reserve the right to offer a different case of a higher or equal value to that advertised". If there is no such clause then they have supplied something different to what you paid for and i would suggest that puts the return cost back on them and not you.

I hope you manage to get this sorted out to your satisfaction.

Tony
Happy Modelling

SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
jabber
#46 Posted : 11 June 2019 17:58:34

I contacted customer service by email the other day (8th June) and as yet have received no reply. I was also asking for a refund or the correct case sending to me. I will try to contact them again, but this time I shall be a little more direct. How dare they ignore our valid complaints. I don't see why we should pay the return postage when they have supplied the incorrect product. It is such a shame they are ruining what was a superb most enjoyable modelling experience and a superb model.
roymattblack
#47 Posted : 11 June 2019 19:19:41

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

If my memory serves me correctly, I think this matter was exactly the same with the Shelby...
AlexW
#48 Posted : 12 June 2019 16:33:49

Hi Roy,
Could you post a link to the ebay shop you use for your cases, or let us know the seller name. It looks far superior to what we have ended up with.
Thanks,
Alex
roymattblack
#49 Posted : 12 June 2019 16:52:26

I get mine here:

http://www.inperspextive...ct/category&path=59

The guy will even make them in custom sizes.

Roy.
AlexW
#50 Posted : 12 June 2019 19:48:37

Thanks,
Alex
BigGrin
jabber
#51 Posted : 27 June 2019 14:52:42

Has anybody got anywhere with Deagostini yet regarding sending back the display case and getting a refund? They will not reply anymore to my messages.
birdaj2
#52 Posted : 27 June 2019 14:59:49

jabber wrote:
Has anybody got anywhere with Deagostini yet regarding sending back the display case and getting a refund? They will not reply anymore to my messages.

Have you tried phoning them? Only suggesting this as i have found with a few issues i have had in the past get sorted better on a call rather than an email.

Cannot say i have seen anyone else update on the forum about the display case although there were a few that raised the query.

Hope you manage to get yours sorted.

Tony
Happy Modelling

tigerace
#53 Posted : 27 June 2019 15:10:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

i no someone else who`s had this problem and they were sent a returns label and refunded after a phone callBigGrin(as the case was not as advertised) regards PhilCool
COMING SOON =1/72 Italeri diorama`s Battle for the Reichstag and Stalingrad battle at the tractor factory 1/16 Trumpeter King Tiger with loads of extras ON THE GO= refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!

albert88nt
#54 Posted : 20 July 2019 07:54:39

jabber wrote:

I wasn’t at home for 2 weeks when they’ve sent me the display case. After a while it went back to them, and i saw on my account something like: “books returned - 147£ credit“. I’ve contacted customer service to see what it means this “books returned”and i got a refund of 147£ via cheque Love
Current build: E-type Jaguar
DoItDreckly
#55 Posted : 25 October 2019 14:26:12

Anyone else having problems like me with a returned display case? I returned my display case for the E-Type on 29th Aug this year (they did send me a returns label), but didn't hear anything from them until I e-mailed them on 29th Sept., it then took them 10 days to tell me that they had received the case, and if I rang them on 03333001518 with my card number they would give a refund. Since that date I have tried the number 30 - 40 times and nobody answers, I have e-mailed them twice since telling them this but no one gets back to me. Quite frankly I'm pulling my hair out, they've now got the case and my money!! Confused Confused Angry
Finished Projects
Aston Martin DB5 James Bond
Ford Shelby Mustang GT500
Jaguar E-Type
Project not started yet:
Toyota 2000GT
DoItDreckly
#56 Posted : 26 October 2019 11:46:31

Update on my previous post, I've tried ringing the customer service number on their website, and just get 'Number not recognised' - please tell me they haven't gone out of business!
Finished Projects
Aston Martin DB5 James Bond
Ford Shelby Mustang GT500
Jaguar E-Type
Project not started yet:
Toyota 2000GT
Gandale
#57 Posted : 26 October 2019 12:15:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Your comments have been noted and will see what we can do to assist and can assure you they haven't gone out of business....Cool

Try calling them on 0333 300 1516.

Regards

Alan