Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages <123
Scale 1/87 - Red Army 1945 Germany, "Hitler kaputt" Options
Christian M.
#41 Posted : 02 September 2019 11:45:41

Groups: Registered

Last weekend was also a second vehicle on the work bench ... the ZIS-5 truck with box cabin. I have the model changed to become a radio truck...

Here the model...

First step was to de-assemble the complete model in single parts ...

The the box cabin was modified ...
First of all I va cut out the back door and bended it a little bit as open.

And then I made the antenna mast out of pastic profile and streched sprue and as antenna head I used something out of my spare part box... everything build due to a photo of an original truck found in internet.

Then all parts were painted. As color I used as always Revell Aqua and for aging and weathering etc. artist oil paint. Decal on the doorys was from the decals of the IS-2 tank ...
Currently the paint must druy before I can work further on it.

At the backdoor, I made a small wooden staircase from plastic sheet ... is on purpose a bit "skewed" ...

And of course a driver figure is inside ... even the truck will be shown in parking position on the diorama with a staff officer meeting scene around.

These 2 words open all doors in your life:

Press and drag!
Markwarren
#42 Posted : 02 September 2019 21:45:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Plenty going on in this dio, looking good.Cool ThumpUp

Mark
Christian M.
#43 Posted : 03 September 2019 11:38:56

Thank you ....

When something makes all the time fun to do and if you have the time to do ... then the he progress is also continuous in the project.

But looking on the very long "to do list" at this diroama, there is a lot of time to spend for until being ready with it.
In the moment I work on a group of about 20 or so German POW with some Russian guards on walk ... much work and painting of the figures is not easy, because I have almost the same quality standards for these little figures in the end result, as with a 1/35 figure (only in the face painting I make the simpler method).

Cheers
Christian

Press and drag!
Christian M.
#44 Posted : 06 September 2019 10:35:44

Little update ...

I build yesterday the first group of German POW figures from Preiser ... some as Prieser instruction tells, somw re-build by changing arms and heads etc. ... in total 15 figures now.
Later a second group of further 10 - 15 figures will follow, these mostly re-build figures and of course Russian guards come too.

Painting fill start this evening and on the weekend...

Press and drag!
Kev the Modeller
#45 Posted : 10 September 2019 20:38:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Very nice work Christian, you are certainly skilled in the art of building dioramas! ThumpUp

I think the secrets to building great dioramas are to have a background story to scene being set, to incorporate lots and lots of detail and to have lots of things for the viewer to look at and discover - you've definitely achieved all of that with your build. Very interesting! Drool

Very well done!ThumpUp

Kev Smile
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Christian M.
#46 Posted : 12 September 2019 11:32:35

Thank you ver ymuch ... and I agree with you about "secret of diroama buildimng".

Press and drag!
Christian M.
#47 Posted : 17 September 2019 10:27:39

Hello,

time for an update ...

First of all, the 15 x German POV are now painted and put on the diorama.
Sorry for the not so well photos ... I will deliver better next time.

Next "job" was to make the ZIS-5 Cargo Truck ... as the other one with radio cabin from Busch. Only modernization was done at the side walls of the loading area with some plastik sheet from Evergreen.
And of course the model was completely disassembled for the paint job.

The Loading area was painted with a dark yellow, then whgen dry I took hair spray before putting final Russian green on it for chipping it to get scratches where the wood shines through.

The current status is this, some fuel barells put on it ... model is of course not yet ready.

Then I decided that captured German VW "Kuebelwagen" should come on the diorama too.
Unfortunately, the model of Roco / Herpa Minitanks is currently not available again (not even the VW "Schwimmwagen") ... so I took the much more expensive finished model (Resin) from Aritec.
The gray livery with winter camouflage I could theoretically, because the air defense units (Flak) of the Luftwaffe around the German cities often had even older vehicles and / or vehicles in gray ... but I decided to repaint the vehicle on Dark Yellow.
The model maker is also lazy ... at least I am BigGrin ... and since I still had enough paint in the container of the airbrush after painting, I had painted with the rest of the back of the ZIS-5 truck.

Here the model as bought ...

And after giving dark yellow color ...

Press and drag!
Christian M.
#48 Posted : 29 September 2019 14:47:05

Hello,

Time for a new update ... a bigger one this time.

But first of all I will show a sprue of the Preiser figures. As you can see, they are not really different to those of the 1/35 figures from Tamiya and others ... only in scale much smaller, but also good quality.

I also build a Red Army officer on a horse. Therefore I take one of the officers out of the various sets i use and a ready painted figure + horse. I cut at both the upper body and the glue toe officers one on the legs of the lady. because the legs are then much to small, I took a small layer of tissue paper with white glue and modelled some bigger legs.

And the ready painted an placed figure ... sorry, but due to bad natural light conditions due to bad grey weather I don't get a sharper photo in moment.

I also build the T-34/85 now with basic painting...

Both turret hatches were drilled open and hatches were made outof plastic sheet...

And basic painted with decals placed...

But now to the diorama itself ...
There is now much more "life" on it ... currently 56 figures, 9 vehicles and tanks and 1 howitzer.

Both IS-2 tanks have now their crew in the hatches and also mountained infanty on it...

Also the T-34/85 hasits crew now, but the mountained infanty is not yet done.

But the tanks are forced to hold by Svetlana Ivanov ...

Also a first group of civilians was done and placed ... forced to clean up the debris with 2 guards ...

I also build a Zis-5 cargo truck loaded with fuel drums and the second Studebaker truck (the 122 mm howitzer towed is not yet done). Both trucks are basic painted and you can see good the different green shades of US olive drab at the studebaker and the typical Russian green at the Zis-5 too.
The scene will be that a hand pump will stick in one of the barrels, operated by a soldiers kneeing next to it. A hosepipe / tube will run to the fuel tank of the Studebaker too...

Next to the Zis-5 radio truck I placed 3 higher Russian officers. Further figures will come here too, as well the VW Kuebelwagen and a Willys Jeep too.

I hope you enjoy the update ...

Press and drag!
Markwarren
#49 Posted : 29 September 2019 19:08:57

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Nice work and plenty going on.Cool

Mark
arpurchase
#50 Posted : 29 September 2019 19:46:09

BigGrin Coming together nicely and looking goodCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Christian M.
#51 Posted : 30 September 2019 14:07:36

Thank you guys BigGrin

Press and drag!
mogwai
#52 Posted : 01 October 2019 13:51:30

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi looking good you certainly got an eye for detail ,cheers mick.BigGrin
Builds hms victory, suzuki gsx 1300 R hayabusa, honda C B 750, lamborghini countach L P 500 S, tamiya 1/16 rc full option tiger 1 tank,
built, Mclaren M P 4 - 23. Occre london tram,
Stash.airfix 1/24 mosquito. Diag Virginia schooner, tamiya 1/6 honda 750, tamiya 1/35 famo, tamiya 1/35 flak 88.
Christian M.
#53 Posted : 29 October 2019 12:18:36

Hello ...

time for a new updateafter a longer time ... BigGrin

End part 1

Press and drag!
Christian M.
#54 Posted : 29 October 2019 12:23:30

Part 2

Press and drag!
Markwarren
#55 Posted : 29 October 2019 22:59:52

Excellent work, taking shape very nicely.Love

Mark