Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Sovereign of the Seas Warped Parts Options
mjh410@gmail.com
#1 Posted : 01 November 2019 03:17:01

Groups: Registered

In month 1, my bulkhead 13, 15, and rib frames 13a, 13b, 15a, and 15b are warped. When placed on the false keel the are warped in a way that the rib frames are bent towards the fore or aft depending on which way I turn the bulkhead when placing it on the keel.

I don't know if this is the proper place in the forum for this, but how do I get a replacement sent out?
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 01 November 2019 08:03:32

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Contact C/S for a replacement pack or you could soak the parts in water for 10 minutes or so and then place them between two flat surfaces with a weight on them for several days this can most of the time take a warp out.
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

admin
#3 Posted : 01 November 2019 15:33:27

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Another option to fixing them is to use wet paper towels, and a household iron. Get the towels wet, but not dripping. Lay them over the part(s) and then with an ordinary household iron set on high, steam the offending part for 30-45 seconds. Then lay them in a flat surface with weight on top.

Another solution is to infill the spaces between the frames with balsa or foam of the appropriate thickness. This will also help with smooth planking runs, especially up in the quarters.
mjh410@gmail.com
#4 Posted : 02 November 2019 01:30:14

Thank you both for the advice. I will try soaking and placing them between two other flat objects with weight. I don't think I can use filler blocks because the bend is up high on the rib frames not the main wider/larger bulkhead that is below the decks. This is up above the decks at an elevation where the gun ports would be cut out. Looking forward through the instructions it appears that some of the gun ports are cut or measured from these bulkheads and rib frames so it is rather important that I get them straight or attach planks to them as I go up in a way to force it straight.

I will try the method above first then go from there.

Thanks