Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Charged but not shipped Options
w1xq
#1 Posted : 15 November 2019 21:13:36

Groups: Registered

I am on pack 4. I was charged. Called and was suppose to ship two weeks ago. Called again today, they said need to find out what’s going on. My concern is that Artesania Latina in gone. I hope that they have packets to complete this build. Otherwise I am stuck with a half planked hull. Wish I could find out more about what’s going on. If unsure about future packs, I rather cancel my subscription and just eat the 300 bucks I have already spent. Figure I can get this month refund as nothing was shipped.
73 de John
W1XQ (ham radio operator)
Amateur Radio Lighthouse Society
Operator aboard Museum Ship USS Stewart and USS Cavalla

Current attempt: Soleil Royal
Prior Builds: Nantucket Lightship, South Goodwin Light vessel, Natchez Packet Paddlewheeler, Souhern Belle Paddlewheel Towboat
Gandale
#2 Posted : 16 November 2019 00:12:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Artesania Latina hasn't gone, they are still in operation and will continue to be... If you have subscribed to your kit via DeAg/Modelspace then rest assured, you will receive all the packs to enable you to complete your build. I have never heard of any subscription being stopped or pulled before completion....

Regards

Alan
admin
#3 Posted : 16 November 2019 02:19:00

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

w1xq wrote:
I am on pack 4. I was charged. Called and was suppose to ship two weeks ago. Called again today, they said need to find out what’s going on. My concern is that Artesania Latina in gone. I hope that they have packets to complete this build. Otherwise I am stuck with a half planked hull. Wish I could find out more about what’s going on. If unsure about future packs, I rather cancel my subscription and just eat the 300 bucks I have already spent. Figure I can get this month refund as nothing was shipped.

You have NOTHING to be concerned about. You will absolutely NOT be stuck with half a kit! A. L. Simply ceased to offer direct sales, and are now purely a manufacturer, with sales to shops and distributors.

If you’ll PM me with your account details (name, address, and so on, I’ll get you a solid answer.
w1xq
#4 Posted : 16 November 2019 04:10:00

Ok guys, thank. That is reassuring news! It was just weird Pd as I’m get my Surprise packs first, then my Soleil,Royal. Never any trouble with Soleil,Royal. On several model ship,forums, it has been stated that AL closed down in April and their web page went away. Even their Facebook page went dead, so we all assumed they closed shop.
73 de John

Prior Builds: Nantucket Lightship, South Goodwin Light vessel, Natchez Packet Paddlewheeler, Souhern Belle Paddlewheel Towboat
w1xq
#5 Posted : 19 November 2019 18:09:48

Called back again. They still can’t tell me what issue is. They just said they will,”escalate”:issue. It’s been 4 weeks, think you would have done that by now. I will give one more week before I cancel. This is beyond frustrating.
73 de John

w1xq
#6 Posted : 19 November 2019 20:18:18

Folks,
Just got a call from Admin, Mark Evans. He explained what happened and has fixed things. Now that’s service! I’m very happy! Thanks Mark!
73 de John