Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

final steps - upper body to lower chassies Options
figuerres
#1 Posted : 24 June 2019 16:42:24

Groups: Registered

anyone have any tips or help on this step...

i got the top body onto the chassis but it seems to be slightly out of alignment or sticking on something.
the front two holes line up for the front grill / lights i got the screws to take.

the rest of the body seems to be vary close but not quite there.

any tricks to get the two halves to match up and lock into place with all the screw holes ?

anything need to be checked that is a common problem with this ??

roymattblack
#2 Posted : 24 June 2019 18:05:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

The common problem is usually the wiring that is inside the model.
Very often, it seems it's all tucked out of the way but when you turn the base upside down and move it into place, some of the wiring shifts.
It only needs a few wires to be trapped somewhere for things to go awry.

Make sure that you have any wiring taped out of the way - even to the point of overkill.

I'm sure you'll find it all goes together.

Roy.
figuerres
#3 Posted : 24 June 2019 20:03:28

roymattblack wrote:
The common problem is usually the wiring that is inside the model.
Very often, it seems it's all tucked out of the way but when you turn the base upside down and move it into place, some of the wiring shifts.
It only needs a few wires to be trapped somewhere for things to go awry.

Make sure that you have any wiring taped out of the way - even to the point of overkill.

I'm sure you'll find it all goes together.

Roy.

thanks, that is one i need to check for sure.
roymattblack
#4 Posted : 25 June 2019 08:16:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

I have built this one a while ago.
I'll turn it over on my bench and remove the bottom to see if I can spot anything else that could be an issue.

Roy.
figuerres
#5 Posted : 25 June 2019 12:56:19

roymattblack wrote:
I have built this one a while ago.
I'll turn it over on my bench and remove the bottom to see if I can spot anything else that could be an issue.

Roy.

the antenna makes putting it upside down a hassle, i may see if i can attach it different without the screw from the inside.

that will make things easyer.
roymattblack
#6 Posted : 25 June 2019 15:41:44

I screwed the lower aerial base to the car body, but the actual aerial is just pushed into it.

Is your body getting stuck and not going down at the front or the rear - or all over...?
figuerres
#7 Posted : 25 June 2019 16:54:18

roymattblack wrote:
I screwed the lower aerial base to the car body, but the actual aerial is just pushed into it.

Is your body getting stuck and not going down at the front or the rear - or all over...?

good idea, i had not thought of pulling it out!

the front two screws are ok, i can get them in.

the body is almost in place overall.

the passenger side at the front of the rear wheel seems to be the one place i can see the chassis not going up into the body.

on the driver side it *looks* like it is in.

i think as you said i may need to take it apart and make sure i secure the wires.

the fit is very tight, at one point i thought i broke some parts when i was trying to get it down.
Sooks569
#8 Posted : 08 December 2019 15:09:15

I’m at the stage where I’m going to join the halves, but before I actually screw it down I noticed that the doors won’t close (they are pushing against the dash interior). Will the body bent out more when I screw it down? I just don’t want to go through the hassle screwing everything down only to never be able to close the doors.