Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Samba pack 11 Options
andali15
#1 Posted : 02 December 2019 15:30:01

Groups: Registered

Any news of when we can expect pack 11 of the Samba to be delivered. Andy.
roymattblack
#2 Posted : 02 December 2019 21:48:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Official Builds, Administrators, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Registered

Don't worry - it's being looked into.
Parts will be out asap.

Roy.
admin
#3 Posted : 02 December 2019 22:09:30

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

andali15 wrote:
Any news of when we can expect pack 11 of the Samba to be delivered. Andy.

Hi Andy,

If you recall, the last update I made on this topic was that it was anticipated to start shipping around the end of the first week of December. That said, my pack 11 is arriving tomorrow, and builders in Germany have received theirs as well.

The build guide is not yet posted, but Andreas has assembled his without the directions. It’s easy stuff; the roof, the fabric roof panel, and windows. Lots of windows.

Still nothing on those two loose hoses, as far as I know.
andali15
#4 Posted : 02 December 2019 22:56:58

Thanks for the reply Mark. Eager to get on building. Andy.
andali15
#5 Posted : 02 December 2019 23:47:10

Thanks Roy for your help. Andy.
stevy666
#6 Posted : 05 December 2019 10:32:09

Same old excuses we should have been assembling pack 12?This is not good enough we have paid plenty for our model builds admin should be tasked 24/7 to get it right.
andali15
#7 Posted : 05 December 2019 14:55:15

Have tried to ring c/s at Modelspace 3 times today and when answered it rings for short time then another auto message then cut call off completely. Not good.
delboy271155
#8 Posted : 05 December 2019 17:40:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

andali15 wrote:
Have tried to ring c/s at Modelspace 3 times today and when answered it rings for short time then another auto message then cut call off completely. Not good.

With over twenty years of Telecom experience that sounds like a fault in the auto answering system.

Give it 24 hrs and try again to see if its fixed.

In the meantime I`ll check to make sure they know they have a problem, as some times they may have multiple systems and only one be faulty.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

admin
#9 Posted : 07 December 2019 16:47:03

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

stevy666 wrote:
Same old excuses we should have been assembling pack 12?This is not good enough we have paid plenty for our model builds admin should be tasked 24/7 to get it right.

I, as Admin, have NOTHING AT ALL to do with order fulfillment. I attempt to assist with providing information when available, but I have ZERO capabilities in order fulfillment.

It was under previous admin that no CS issues were tolerated on these boards, but I recognize that many of the posts made regarding CS issues are posted here out of absolute desperation for resolution, and I am attempting to be sympathetic to that need.

Let it be known that I will tolerate no abuse whatsoever towards myself, or any of the Forum Support Team over inventory issues. We can only help insofar as we can forward complaints to ears other than the subcontracted CS agency. Other than that, and as I have stated above, WE ARE NOT INVOLVED in CS ordering issues.

Failure to respect the rules of common decency in communications will result in permanent removal from these boards.
mpfiend
#10 Posted : 14 December 2019 08:36:39

Good Morning,

I received my pack 11 yesterday. looking through the parts it is very disappointing that the roof is plastic and in a colour completely different to the cream upper metal parts for the body. Are we expected to paint it to match? IF so what is the paint code for the cream metal parts please?
This part should be supplied in metal and painted the correct colour

Regards

Keith.
andali15
#11 Posted : 14 December 2019 09:33:50

Totally agree with you Keith. Very disappointed the roof is plastic. I would expect the inner liner to be plastic to match the internal trim but the roof!!! The Mustang I built was all metal as should be. Shame it’s spoilt a great Iconic model. Andy.
mpfiend
#12 Posted : 14 December 2019 12:31:12

andali15 wrote:
Totally agree with you Keith. Very disappointed the roof is plastic. I would expect the inner liner to be plastic to match the internal trim but the roof!!! The Mustang I built was all metal as should be. Shame it’s spoilt a great Iconic model. Andy.

What’s interesting is that the advertising material and sales video show the model with what looks like a painted roof that is the same colour as the sides.
It also looks like this might be made of some sort of ABS or glass filled plastic that may cause paint adhesion issues.
I’m interested to read what admin and customer service have to say about this.

Regards
Keith
andali15
#13 Posted : 14 December 2019 13:12:59

I’ve just tried to line up the roof to see what it looks like and needed to flex it into position to meet the location on the body. Hope when this is assembled it doesn’t distort it but will wait and see what the instructions say as I imagine it will need to be flipped over onto its roof to screw together. Instructions may sort it but not the colour. Shouldn’t have to paint it ourselves to colour match on a model of this price. Let’s wait and see. Andy.
andali15
#14 Posted : 14 December 2019 19:04:44

Just looked under better lighting and the roof section seems a close match that when assembled should blend in, so I may have jumped the gun so to speak. Andy.
Andreas
#15 Posted : 15 December 2019 08:37:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Forum Support Team Germany, registriert, Administrator, Official Builds, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Tech Support

mpfiend wrote:
Good Morning,

I received my pack 11 yesterday. looking through the parts it is very disappointing that the roof is plastic and in a colour completely different to the cream upper metal parts for the body. Are we expected to paint it to match? IF so what is the paint code for the cream metal parts please?

Regards

Keith.

Hi Keith

For painting you need the code VW CREMEWEISS R901 / LR901.
For a 2-coat paint the basecoat must be overcoated with a 1K or 2K clearcoat!

Forum Support Team
http://www.model-space.com/de/
mpfiend
#16 Posted : 15 December 2019 10:33:59

Andreas wrote:
mpfiend wrote:
Good Morning,

Regards

Keith.

Hi Keith

For painting you need the code VW CREMEWEISS R901 / LR901.
For a 2-coat paint the basecoat must be overcoated with a 1K or 2K clearcoat!

Thanks Andreas,
I guess I'll be ordering some zero paints and clear coat then. the plastic finish just doesn't look right against the metal side panel parts. Very disappointing

Regards

Keith.
delboy271155
#17 Posted : 15 December 2019 13:00:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, BigGrin

I must admit that I was a little confused when I saw the roof was plastic, but having given it some thought my personal view is this:

Had the roof been a full roof then I think it would have been metal, but as we have the extra detail of the sliding roof I think that there would have been some scraping of the paint from the sliding roof bars over time and that would have looked messy if the model was displayed with the roof open.

Just my thoughts Blink

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

admin
#18 Posted : 15 December 2019 17:54:02

I suspect the roof is plastic because large, flat metal castings are subject to warping. Given how rigid the metal (Zymat??) used is, trying to straighten a warped roof would be a bit of a challenge.

I can’t speak towards the color mismatch since I don’t have my own parts yet, but since the metal parts are powder coated, and plastic typically doesn’t do well in ovens, they got the color of the plastic as close as possible.

As Andy mentions, the color changes under lighting. I’d suggest a good, gloss clear coat to help with how the part captures/reflects light. That should help quite a bit.