Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Landing lights not working Options
birddust
#1 Posted : 28 October 2017 01:21:01

Groups: Registered

The landing lights don't come on when using the pressure switch. All connections are correct, and the B switch is the one to use for these lights. I know the batteries are working, because the ramp goes down and up, and its light turns on and off. I tried all the suggestions in the yellow box at the bottom right corner of the landing light test page, which suggested removing the switch plug, and using a screwdriver to connect the prongs on the circuit board. Does this sound like it is a defective circuit board?
Markwarren
#2 Posted : 28 October 2017 10:04:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

I doubt it will be the circuit board, maybe a faulty pressure switch. If you have everything in place, try an use a screwdriver or something metallic on the back of the pressure switch to connect the two wires together manually to see if the lights then come on. If the lights come on, then try pressing the pressure switch a few times as it may be a little stiff and not connecting the two wires.
Let me know how you get on, a picture would be good to see if you are still having problems.

Cheers
Mark
birddust
#3 Posted : 28 October 2017 10:16:10

I tried the screwdriver test, with no results. I've now attached the plugs for the engine lights and turret well, and these also don't light when tested. The side of the circuit board where the battery box, ramp and ramp light are plugged in, works, but the two sides of the board where the other lights are plugged in, do not work.
Markwarren
#4 Posted : 28 October 2017 10:27:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Forum Support Team, Official Builds

Okay, that does sound like you have an issue with the circuit board. Contact customer services and explain that you have a issue with your board, and get them to sent you a replacement.

Best Regards
Mark
birddust
#5 Posted : 28 October 2017 11:04:25

As you advised, I called customer service about the defective circuit board, and was told to fill out a form that would be emailed to me. When that form didn't arrive, I sent an email. Danny replied by calling on the phone, and leaving a message. He said a new circuit board (issue 57) would be sent to me, but I haven't received any information that it was ever shipped. He said, in his phone message, that Model Space could receive emails, but could not send out emails. I've sent two more emails about the replacement, the first on Nov. 1, but there has not been a reply by phone or email. Can you help me?
Dno69
#6 Posted : 19 January 2020 19:16:24

Help

Landing lights only work when I hold pressure button

Lights are not coming on !!!!

Only work holding pressure button

Help
Markwarren
#7 Posted : 19 January 2020 19:42:12

The lights will only come on when the legs are in place, which will activate the pressure switch. Without the legs in place the lighting will not come on. However, you could put something over the pressure switch to hold it down if you didn’t want to display it with legs down and in flight mode only.

Mark