Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Missing pieces, poor quality control? Options
Attack_Eyebrows
#1 Posted : 28 January 2020 00:54:45

Groups: Registered

I'm trying to build the Beetle but have hit a huge roadblock. Stage 22 is supposed to have a little pin as part of the build but mine was missing. No problem, I'll email and get a replacement sent. Meanwhile I get the next pack with stage 26 that has the same pin. I figure I'll use that one for 22 and just use the replacement for 26. This was back in October. I get in touch and am told to allow 2-3 weeks for delivery. Nothing, so I get in touch again and again am told to wait. And again. Finally I get replacement packs 2 and 3 and I open those up and...

No pins in either 22 or 26. Surely I can't be that unlucky that I would randomly get 4 packs missing the same piece. It's a tiny pin that could be overlooked when the packs are sent to be sealed but it seems like somebody could randomly pull a pack and inspect it.

I've been waiting 2 weeks for an answer to my latest emails but customer service won't reply to simply tell me if these are on back order. That would ease my frustration but I can't get home in time to call the 800 number and just want an answer.

Thanks for letting me vent
admin
#2 Posted : 28 January 2020 03:08:43

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Attack_Eyebrows wrote:
I'm trying to build the Beetle but have hit a huge roadblock. Stage 22 is supposed to have a little pin as part of the build but mine was missing. No problem, I'll email and get a replacement sent. Meanwhile I get the next pack with stage 26 that has the same pin. I figure I'll use that one for 22 and just use the replacement for 26. This was back in October. I get in touch and am told to allow 2-3 weeks for delivery. Nothing, so I get in touch again and again am told to wait. And again. Finally I get replacement packs 2 and 3 and I open those up and...

No pins in either 22 or 26. Surely I can't be that unlucky that I would randomly get 4 packs missing the same piece. It's a tiny pin that could be overlooked when the packs are sent to be sealed but it seems like somebody could randomly pull a pack and inspect it.

I've been waiting 2 weeks for an answer to my latest emails but customer service won't reply to simply tell me if these are on back order. That would ease my frustration but I can't get home in time to call the 800 number and just want an answer.

Thanks for letting me vent

Hello,

Shoot me a PM with your subscription details. (Name, address, sub #) and I’ll see if I can help. Sorry for your frustrations!
Attack_Eyebrows
#3 Posted : 31 January 2020 18:39:44

Groups: Registered

Finally had a day when I could call and they can't tell me if it's on back order but at least one person now knows there's a quality control problem.