Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

where can i get Millennium Falcon YT-1300 blueprints? Options
stevmjon
#1 Posted : 11 February 2020 03:18:38

Groups: Registered

Can i get the same blueprints that came with the model in digital form?

hi there
I completed collecting all the issues for the 32 inch prop replica model. I think it is great, and I now want to model this in 3D.

I know that there is modifications between star wars movies, and that the model designer Steve Dymszo replicated the model as accurately as possible, and made the most complete model.

I got the poster of the top view blueprint that came with the weekly issues, but I am wondering is there any other blueprints showing bottom view, front view, back view, side views? to get these blueprints of this model would be great.

if it is not possible to get steve's blueprints, preferably digital, I am happy to buy the right books that are the same as steve's model or as close to it as possible. I have looked online and there are 3 main books I have found.

https://www.amazon.com.a...%2Caps%2C320&sr=8-2

https://www.amazon.com.a...%2Caps%2C320&sr=8-6

https://www.amazon.com.a...%2Caps%2C365&sr=8-1

this first 2 books are from the same author, but made in different years...
any help or advice is appreciated.

thanks stevmjon
admin
#2 Posted : 11 February 2020 06:24:57

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

There are not any digital versions from DeAgostini. Your best bet would be to see if you can get a copy of “Creating a Universe” as it has a huge amount on the Falcon. If you’re on FB, there are a few Studio Scale Star Wars groups, and someone there will likely be able to help. Or, try the RPF.
Junk Pilot
#3 Posted : 11 February 2020 10:35:37

This book only provides blueprints for the actual film sets built for the movies and not the models. The Falcon on the cover is the blueprint for the full sized Falcon built for The Empire Strikes Back but even then it's mainly for the armour panelling, hull lighting and location of details. Additional plans only cover the cockpit and interior sets as well.

Many commercially available blueprints are only very basic in their details and are usually inaccurate

Having quite a few books and thousands of images the only plans I've seen has been one fan-made 3D rendering of the 32in model from various angles.
stevmjon
#4 Posted : 13 February 2020 04:06:16

thanks for the replies

i thought getting blueprints wasn't easy. it's a shame de-agostini only gave the top view blueprint poster. if they had the other views i could at least have scanned them to make a digital version for 3D modelling...

i may as well just purchase the books and see what i can scan to make digital blueprints for 3D use. i can modify what i need to match the physical replica model.

this may be funny, but what i have done at the moment is to assemble the lower half of the model, then hang it on the wall, stand 10 meters back, then take a pic with the camera (this way it helps take away perspective distorsion if i was too close). it seems to have worked, but it's still slightly out...

at least i have the physical model to measure using a vernier caliper to try and get as accurate as i can, while tracing my photo.

if anybody is interested, here is my progress in 3D.

https://forums.newtek.co...-the-Movie-Prop-Replica

stevmjon