Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
Samba Stage 5 Part No. 48.4 Options
admin
#21 Posted : 29 October 2019 17:03:17

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

andali15 wrote:
Hi Mark, instructions for pack 10 are now live but still no clue to these 2 cables I have been asking for so long now. Somebody in the development dept must have an answer. All parts now are for the body shell and would likely to be the same in packs 11 and 12. What I would think is a simple question but nobody has an answer. 6 months this has been asked about. Surely someone knows at Deag/Model-space. Andy.

At this point, I think the best assumption is that the end point of these two cables will not be mentioned. It would seem that a bit of research from we builders is needed, and then some self determined modeling will be called for.

It’s going to drive those with modeling OCD (myself included) a bit nuts, so, I’ll see what a Haynes manual says about it.
andali15
#22 Posted : 29 October 2019 18:26:22

Groups: Registered

Hi Mark, I’m sure that they will fit in the rear brake drums but it’s the cable slack that needs to be sorted as I wouldn’t think it just hangs loose. The ends could be glued in but if it needs routing around the chassis it’s better to leave the ends till last. Just would like to know rather than mess up a great model. Andy.
mpfiend
#23 Posted : 20 February 2020 15:34:08

Has this been rectified?
Is there any further information?

Keith
andali15
#24 Posted : 20 February 2020 18:01:14

Still waiting Keith. Mark has not been informed yet. I’m going with my first thought of running round the chassis and onto the back plates of the brake drum. A spot of glue to hold cable in place along chassis seems to be a solution unless we get confirmation of cable route. Andy.
admin
#25 Posted : 21 February 2020 02:23:27

Groups: Administrator, Administrators, Forum Support Team, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

There is nothing in the pack 12 directions to indicate where these go, and no further info has been received. In looking at the Haynes Repair Manual for the early VW bus, there is nothing at all depicted like what is included in the kit.

I intend to cut mine off, and call it a day.