Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Robi Keeps Falling Forward Options
Prexus
#1 Posted : 14 March 2017 13:56:38

Groups: Registered

I just finished building my Robi, but he keeps falling forward when he tries to get up or do the balance game. Strangely - when he walks forward - though kind of wobbly - he doesn't fall forward.

I already followed the instruction to add the servo paddings to his front-sole servo motor areas in both his left and right feet (2 pads each), but he still falls forward.

Any tips on how to remedy this?
Gandale
#2 Posted : 14 March 2017 23:26:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your time with us....Cool Cool .. Will see if I can get someone to help with your problem.... Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
arpurchase
#3 Posted : 15 March 2017 04:02:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Prexus

Firstly a big welcome to the forum now onto your problem.

This will need some dissassembly.

Firstly check that all screws on Robi's legs are correctly tightened and that all cables are running freely from servo to servo. Lastly check that all servo to component joints are correctly lined up on the legs, just one notch out can cause problems.

Also check the arms are correctly assembled as with the legs to body servo joint.

Get back to me if your still having problems after doing all the above.

Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Prexus
#4 Posted : 16 March 2017 02:07:27

arpurchase wrote:
BigGrin Hi Prexus

Firstly a big welcome to the forum now onto your problem.

This will need some dissassembly.

Firstly check that all screws on Robi's legs are correctly tightened and that all cables are running freely from servo to servo. Lastly check that all servo to component joints are correctly lined up on the legs, just one notch out can cause problems.

Also check the arms are correctly assembled as with the legs to body servo joint.

Get back to me if your still having problems after doing all the above.

Andy

Well I did add the paddings to the front part of his feet servos. Isn't that suppose to elevate his center of gravity a bit to help with that?

Also speaking of servos, I do notice that when Robi is in the sitting position - his right foot taps a bit up-and-down (left feet is still). Also when he is in the standing-position - his feet are still, but both of his arms shake a little back-and-forth.. Is this normal?
arpurchase
#5 Posted : 16 March 2017 07:41:01

BigGrin Hi Prexus

The movements are normal and are like breathing movements to indicate he is on and awaiting instructions.

As for your failing over problem If the checks I have asked for are not done how can we be sure the assembly has been done correctly [I am not saying it hasnt] so we can move forward to correct the problem.

AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Bluthson
#6 Posted : 14 March 2020 15:37:44

Groups: New Members, Unapproved

arpurchase wrote:
BigGrin Hi Prexus

The movements are normal and are like breathing movements to indicate he is on and awaiting instructions.

As for your failing over problem If the checks I have asked for are not done how can we be sure the assembly has been done correctly [I am not saying it hasnt] so we can move forward to correct the problem.

AndyCool

Hi Andy I know this is an old post but are you still able to advise on this problem? I have done all the checks you asked the other guy to do and I have even tried shifting the centre of gravity with pads in shoes! I’m losing my mind as I’ve had it apart so many times I feel like I’m chasing my tail!

I only recently got chance to make my robi after having it all stored away for a few years unopened :/

Any help welcomed

Paul
AdamE
#7 Posted : 19 October 2021 21:57:11

Bluthson wrote:

Hi Andy I know this is an old post but are you still able to advise on this problem? I have done all the checks you asked the other guy to do and I have even tried shifting the centre of gravity with pads in shoes! I’m losing my mind as I’ve had it apart so many times I feel like I’m chasing my tail!

I only recently got chance to make my robi after having it all stored away for a few years unopened :/

Any help welcomed

Paul

I have a similar issue with a little guy I am resurrecting as well.. I have 2 Robi who are fine, and have fixed several that have only had complete non-working joints - however this little guy I think is doing the same as yours... He falls forwards and is kinda wobbly on his feet. In fact he fell so hard he headbutted the floor and snapped that stupidly small ring that hold the neck into the scarf! So ordering that from Japan....

Loving Robi but they are so fragile!
darbyvet
#8 Posted : 20 October 2021 19:16:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

I had this with my Robi and a little extra padding under both shoes stabilized him.I assume you have checked for any assembly issues and are using a well charged battery.

Carl

AdamE
#9 Posted : 20 October 2021 22:55:52

darbyvet wrote:
I had this with my Robi and a little extra padding under both shoes stabilized him.I assume you have checked for any assembly issues and are using a well charged battery.

Carl

I'll check the battery (it seems OK in my other Robis and lasts around half hour when he's sat down chatting). Is there a how to on the padding?

Also I noticed his right knee servo (No.4) seems to be a bit weak as it is a bit floppy when he tries to stand up... I'll open his leg up and check wiring etc as this was not my build.
darbyvet
#10 Posted : 21 October 2021 05:07:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

AdamE wrote:
darbyvet wrote:

Carl

I'll check the battery (it seems OK in my other Robis and lasts around half hour when he's sat down chatting). Is there a how to on the padding?

Also I noticed his right knee servo (No.4) seems to be a bit weak as it is a bit floppy when he tries to stand up... I'll open his leg up and check wiring etc as this was not my build.

I would check the servo wiring first before messing with the feet.The weak servo may be throwing off the gyro on the main board.

As far as the foot goes I just added some very thin styrene sheet to the front of both feet on the underside of the toes and then stuck the felt pad back down again.

Carl